TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

What Are Friends For? - November 23rd 2013, 05:43 PM

Hey,

I am having such a bad time being ignored by my three friends at school and this has been going on since the 7th of November and its just making me heart broken.

I feel like friends are just there to make you upset. I just wish my friends would stop ignoring me.

Love From Meera xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: What Are Friends For? - November 23rd 2013, 07:24 PM

Genuine friends won't make you feel worse about yourself. How have you attempted to reach out to them? Did you approach them in person and say, "I feel like you guys are ignoring me, can we talk about what's going on?" If you haven't taken that direct approach yet, then I encourage you to do so. You DO have a responsibility to take certain steps in resolving this conflict. If you take this direct approach, and your "friends" walk away or say something hurtful, then I would suggest moving on and finding genuine friends. I know how hurtful it can be to face rejection, but don't let it stop you from trusting other people in the future! Isolating yourself from the world because of what a few jerks did isn't going to solve anything.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Re: What Are Friends For? - November 24th 2013, 07:49 PM

Hey Robin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried talking to them asking if we can sort this out but only one of them has said that she will be best friends with me again.
So I feel a bit better.

Love From Meera xx

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

Closed Thread