TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Unhappy Friend/Ex-friend/Best friend :/ - April 28th 2009, 05:06 AM

Well, I have this kinda friend, sometimes best friend, sometimes ex-friend, stuff like that.

Well, she's going through a hard time right now, and her boyfriend and I are trying to let her know we're there for her, and she can tell us anything, we don't tell anyone if she doesn't want us to, but she won't listen to us. She's shutting everyone out, she ignores everyone, her current boyfriend's afraid they're going to break up, she's still not over one of her ex-boyfriends, and she's just going through a really hard time right now. She looked sad at church, and me and another ish-friend asked what was wrong, and she just said she was tired, but then she talked to her aunt and started crying. I hope she doesn't do something drastic, and I'm trying to help her, but it seems like she doesn't want anyone in. I would like her to talk about it, because I've heard that helps alot. I try to open up, but no one wants to listen so that's kinda a waste of time for that advice. :/ My mom said that sometimes we need to figure it out ourselves, but I think she needs help. I don't know what to do, and her boyfriend is worrying. Sorry it's so long, but any ideas?

Last edited by Lost_Confused; April 29th 2009 at 02:10 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Friend/Ex-friend/Best friend :/ - April 28th 2009, 10:10 PM

Your friend is really lucky to have you so concerned about her. I think you're doing the right thing by letting her know that there are people who care about her and are willing to listen if she ever feels like talking.

I think that your mom has some truth to her words- sometimes people do need to work things out themselves first. She might be going through something that she wants to figure out on her own and that she feels she doesn't want to share right now. That's perfectly okay. Give her some alone time to think about things, and she might be able to settle it on her own. If you think she might do something drastic, or if you think talking to her parents may help, then I would suggest doing so. But right now it doesn't sound like an emergency.

Keep doing what you're doing and let her know that you're always available to talk. Be there for her and show her that you care, and hopefully she'll come around.

If her boyfriend is worried about their relationship at the moment, then I think that's something the two of them need to talk through. I would not suggest getting involved in that.

I hope this works out.
You and your friend take care
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Re: Friend/Ex-friend/Best friend :/ - April 29th 2009, 02:12 AM

Ok, I'll try and let her know I'm there...

Quote:
If her boyfriend is worried about their relationship at the moment, then I think that's something the two of them need to talk through. I would not suggest getting involved in that.
Yeah, I'm trying not to get in the middle of it..

Closed Thread