TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ąsatru Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Austin

Angry Why the f*** does this happen to me - February 23rd 2014, 04:50 AM

I'm done I am fucking done with every single one of them my dad has kicked every single person I've trusted out of my life for the past 6 years first it was my brother he and my dad started fighting years ago and my brother got fed up with his bullshit and left without any trace and I haven't had contact with him for 6 years and tonight my dads kicked my stepmom and her family that incloudes my two little brothers and they're grandparents out and I've had major issues with trusting people even today I still don't trust my parents enough to go to them for help with issues and my dad has taken the one person I trust In this family and kicked her out and told her to have no contact with me or my sisters ever this is the worst fucking night of my life Shes done a lot in helping me learn to trust people enough to talk to them about my problems she's part of the reason I'm able to do this somebody please help me I don't know what to do and when I'm this pissed off I have a tendancy to do things I regret

Last edited by PSY; March 3rd 2014 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Edited title to make it PG-13.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

re: Why the f*** does this happen to me - February 23rd 2014, 03:22 PM

Hey, Austin.

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad doing this. I've experienced living in a divided family unit, especially within the extended family, and it is quite hard. I understand the trust issues, for I, like you, even have issues trusting my parents now, for I fear the worst.

Seeing as it would be difficult to contact any of the people mentioned without you or them experiencing trouble, I'm afraid not much can be done about what has happened, at least in my eyes. I do think that you can continue to try and overcome your trust issues, keeping what that person told you in mind. It sounds like she did an awful lot for you in that, and you can definitely continue to work on it based on what you were taught by her. I found it useful to consider and weigh up the barriers blocking you from being more open. Do you fear being embarrassed or being taken advantage of? Or do you fear betrayal? Try to work on these fears, gradually, being a little more open with people and realising it won't always happen.

I hope things will turn out okay for you. Feel free to PM/VM anytime!

Gareth
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread