TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
haile-patterson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: haile patterson

Question What does this mean? - April 1st 2014, 01:31 PM

Okay so my best friends boyfriend is non stop trying to hug me, and complements me all the time, says really sweet things to me, and writes me poems and letterers.
Here is one of the poems...
Roses are reds Violets are blue a true persons beauty lays within the persons eyes not what other people choose. he always says I have beautiful eyes and am just all together a beautiful person and have a great body. I mean I like him because we have been friends for 5 years. he is like a brother to me. He pays attention to me more than his own girlfriend. I really don't want to have a fight with my best friend but yet I don't want to loose him.
There was another one but i Can't remember it..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: What does this mean? - April 1st 2014, 08:17 PM

I think it's important that you speak to him about this. As much as you appreciate the compliments, he's dating your friend and it's very inappropriate for him to be behaving this way with you. If he doesn't stop then you might want to tell your friend. It's probably not something that she wants to hear, but she should know if her boyfriend is acting this way towards another girl.

All in all, it's not your problem. It's something that they would need to work out between themselves as a couple, but you might need to bring it up with one/both of them, especially if it's effecting you.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Re: What does this mean? - April 1st 2014, 09:33 PM

You should definitely talk to him about this, and explain that you're not comfortable with his behaviour. Explain that you have a lot of respect for your best friend, and feel like he is disrespecting her by behaving this way towards you.

I understand that you're his friend and don't want to ruin that friendship, but you need to stand up for yourself. I am not suggesting that you be rude about it. Simply take him aside and explain that you're not comfortable with his behaviour, especially because of his relationship with your best friend; explain that you want to show respect for your friend, and therefore think he shouldn't behave this way anymore.

If he persists, you need to tell your friend about it. It'll be an uncomfortable situation to have, but I think your friend would want to know about it. She may be upset initially because she feels hurt but, ultimately, it's best.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Re: What does this mean? - April 1st 2014, 10:28 PM

dude she's your best friend! he is flirting with his girlfriend's bestfriend!! if you were her you'd aspect her to come straight to you and tell you what a jerk he his. don't talk to him, talk to your best friend she is more important she will be there when boys won't dont loose her because of this stupid womanizer and I think you shouldnt even bother with someone like him... I mean reverse the situation and put yourself in your friend's shoes and remember dont do to someone what you wouldnt like that it was done to you! xx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
haile-patterson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What does this mean? - April 2nd 2014, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. Ya I would want to know about it if my boyfriend was doing it to me. The problem is that I don't want to loose either of them as friends. I'll talk to him then her right after. I hope this works. It probably will....Wish me luck

(#6 (permalink)) Old
haile-patterson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

April 8th 2014, 01:13 PM

Well I told my best friend and she told me i'm a liar and she doesn't believe me. Her boyfriend broke up with her and she blamed me and now he wants to date me. i told him no and I'm no longer friends with either of them. The guy keeps contacting me and I'm getting really annoyed.

not talking to either of them anymore.

Last edited by Chris; April 13th 2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: What does this mean? - April 9th 2014, 08:19 PM

I'm sorry that it's ended like it has, but maybe it's for the best. Continue ignoring the advances of the guy, he doesn't sound like a good person. Maybe one day you'll sort out your friendship with your friend, she might just be a bit upset by the whole situation now. But you should be able to work it out soon.

Last edited by taylalatbh.; April 10th 2014 at 09:53 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
haile-patterson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What does this mean? - April 10th 2014, 12:58 PM

I hope so too

Closed Thread