TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stupidteen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I'm Afraid for my Grandparents to die - May 27th 2014, 09:19 PM

Hi, this is gonna be quick. My family is so close, but nothing sad has ever happened. Now, my grandparents are coming close to their inevitable death. I don't know how my family will react, and I'm terrified. Please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: I'm Afraid for my Grandparents to die - May 27th 2014, 10:50 PM

Hey there,

It's always difficult to deal with the grief of a loved one passing away, and it's understandable that the thought of facing that grief in the future worries you. Obviously there is no way to avoid the difficulty it will cause your family, but you can try your best not to dwell on the inevitability of it and instead focus on making the best of the time you have with your grandparents.

Losing people is a common occurrence in life, whether it's due to death or other circumstances. But focusing too much on the end of your relationship with someone will prohibit you from enjoying the time that you do have with them. Instead of worrying about losing your grandparents, focus on making your time with them count. Visit with them regularly and do fun things together. Concentrate on keeping a close relationship with them and with the rest of your family members. Maybe you could have a certain day where all of you get together and spend time with one another. They're still in your life right now, and it makes more sense to enjoy your relationship with them rather than to worry about it ending.

You might also want to try talking to another family member about how you're feeling. It's common for all of us to worry about these things, so chances are they will understand how you're feeling and hopefully they'll be able to help you through it.

It's undoubtedly difficult for every family when a loved one dies, but in a way it tends to make family members even closer. Even when your grandparents are gone you will have your family to lean on, and if you are close now I think that closeness will last, and it will be what helps all of you through your difficulties.

I hope this helped a little and that you feel better soon! Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk. Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: I'm Afraid for my Grandparents to die - June 4th 2014, 12:20 AM

Grief is always a difficult thing to deal with for everyone and people deal with grief in their own unique way. Communication is always key because it gets out everything that is bothering people out in the open. If there is no communication, then bottled up those thoughts/feelings can be detrimental to a person's health.

Death is a common occurrence in everyday life, but some people deal with it in some unique and different ways than others deal with death.

Instead of focusing on the end, focus on all the happy and good moments you had with the person(s).

Member Since 1/15/2012

Closed Thread