TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: untilted

a nagger mom and an unruly neice - May 4th 2009, 11:36 AM

I give up. I totally give up. I just can't take it anymore. My mom's being pointlessly annoying and it's driving me crazy!

At first I thought probably I was being lazy since vacation started so I tried to be a good house buddy. I did house chores 24/7 and helped my sister in law watch over her baby. But still not good enough..

*sigh* O..kay maybe it wasn't enough for her to call it "work" so me exerts more effort again...

still not good...

works hard again...

but.... STILL not good... and she's angrier than ever!

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna die!!! NOW!!! It's like I'm the worst person in the world. Yesterday I did something wrong and she scolds and nags me for it so badly like I never did good in my whole entire life.

I admit I was'nt a good child at all. In fact I'm the black sheep of the family.... But but but... I tried.. I tried my best to change. Now I work hard and study hard. Even got medals during my last graduation but she seems like she got even worst. It seems like she hates more than when I was unruly.

This morning I got up to prepare breakfast for the family and clean up the house. I did work like I usually do knowing it would please my mother. But this afternoon, I accidentally spilled baby powder on the floor and she got mad. I was'nt even the one who spilled it but her. And she's totally blaming it to me because I should know where to put such things on the right places.

It hurt me so much. It's like she doesn't acknowledge everything I do... For her it's not enough.. she keeps telling me it's not enough... she yells at me that I can never be good at such things. Like she's telling me to give up.

GAWD!!! I bad that time that I just want to toss the baby from my arms and shoot myself. But an angel like her has nothing to do with my problems in life. I just feel like it's all over now.

And another thing, my niece is being totally unruly and I can't stop her disrespecting me. I just want to give up and live a life like I was before since it doesn't matter anyway. At least back then I was happy. Guilt will never haunt the way I it did before because now I know it's not worth fighting for anyway.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: a nagger mom and an unruly neice - May 6th 2009, 09:36 PM

Hey there,

Black sheep or no black sheep, you should not have to slave around the house to please your mom. That is ridiculous. There are chores and helping out around the house, and then there's a time when it can take over your life. I understand that you're trying to please your mom, but it sounds like she will never be pleased, no matter how hard you work.

I think it's great that you are helping around so much and you study a lot. It's great that you've turned your life around, and if there is anyone who should be proud, it's you. Even if your mom isn't acknowledging it, I still want to let you know that you should be very proud of yourself. You don't need her acceptance, you need to feel good about yourself. If all this work is driving you nuts, then go out and have some time to yourself. You put in a lot of effort into the house, but you need a life outside it too. Don't ever feel bad for that.

Go out and relax a little, and forget trying to please your mom. Do what you can to help out, but don't make it your life.

If your niece is acting disrespectfully towards you, then you should talk to her mom. Get her to set her daughter straight. Don't take it from her. Do your best to ignore it, and let her know that she's being rude. Keep telling her mom until something is done.

Take care of yourself, and do what you can to feel better. Go out with friends, relax a little. Stressing wont solve anything.

If you want to talk some more, I'm always up for a PM

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread