TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Zedd Offline
sad
Not a n00b

Points: 8,375, Level: 13 Points: 8,375, Level: 13 Points: 8,375, Level: 13

Very Lonely - September 3rd 2014, 04:47 AM

Lately I've just felt so alone constantly. I've pretty much lost touch with all of my close friends and now I just kind of wander around school looking for someone to hang out with, but never find anyone.

My best friend from last year just decided she's not going to even try and talk to me because we have no classes together, the group of friends my ex-Girlfriend is in hasn't been overly welcoming since my ex and I broke up, and most of my friends from cross country aren't the friendliest of people.

I wouldn't even call myself unpopular either, I'm generally well liked, in the cafeteria I can sit wherever I please with pretty much any Clique of people and not be told to go away or be abandoned, the thing is I lack any who's close to me at all. In most classes I just quietly, and say nothing. by the end of the day I've ususally said around 5 sentences not teacher-question based.

I just miss the old days where I could laugh with my friends all the time, hang out with people who actually talked to me or would seek me out to hang out with. Instead of those wonderful old days, now I just feel alone and devoid of human interraction.

"They say home is where the heart is, but what a shame, cause everyone's heart doesn't beat the same."

-Jesus of Suburbia

Last edited by Adam the Fish; September 5th 2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Moving to Friends and Family forum.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12

Re: Very Lonely - September 3rd 2014, 02:22 PM

Well, I wish I could help but I deal with the same kinds of problems. I have some people who I usually sit with but it just doesn't work. They talk about stuff and I sit and can't really connect to them. First i thought they were my friends but last year they all gave a birthday party with a few people and I was invited to none. Thet don't really dislike me but I don't think they really think of me as a close friend either. If there was a solution I would have used it but I don't think there is at least no an easy one.

The only thing I can tell you is that you need to get yourself together ask yourself which group has the most things in commen with you and you like most and just sit with them. And than stick with them at least for a while. You might not become a center of the group or be seeked out but if you speak up and make an effort to let them get to know you, you might at least have some people you can hang out with.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Very Lonely - September 6th 2014, 06:22 PM

Hey there,

Is it not possible to get back in touch with your old friends? I know with different classes it can be hard, but you could suggest meeting up during breaks or after school?

Also, have you tried talking to your best friend? You could say that you miss hanging out with her and would like to spend more time with her?

It is good that you can sit with different groups of people and not be told to go away- they clearly like you! Perhaps you could evaluate which groups of people you identify more with or have more in common with, and spend more time with them?

You could also join some clubs/groups in your school, or outside of school to expand your social circle.

It may take some time to gain close friends, but don't give up, you sound like a very friendly person!
Closed Thread