TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
slowly_fading Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Auburn

Points: 7,111, Level: 12 Points: 7,111, Level: 12 Points: 7,111, Level: 12

Suicide and School - October 3rd 2014, 05:58 PM

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I've been having tons of bad days but it's whatever. Anyways, yesterday I was in school and my mood was awful. I started to have really bad suicidal thoughts and started to come up with a plan. I texted my parents saying "Hey, so I'm kinda getting really stressed out feeling this way. The meds are not making me feel any worse I'm, just starting to feel nothing will work. I know my doctors are trying all they can do and it takes time but its kinda making me feel as if nothing will work". They did not get my text so when I got home I told my parents "I was having really bad thoughts during school to the point I started thinking about ways I could do it and I texted you guys because I did not know what else to do".

Well, my mom cried some and said she just wants me better... Thats pretty much it.

My question is, I am doing "alright" right now. On tuesday when I see my psychologist do you believe she is going to re admit me because of this? I told someone so i don't see why I should be...

Last edited by Solivagant; October 7th 2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Removing prefix.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Suicide and School - October 3rd 2014, 07:09 PM

I honestly don't know if your therapist is going to re-admit you or not Hazel. I think you should tell her the truth no matter what because they can help you. I know they just switched your pills on the 30th of September and my doctor always tells me it takes two-four weeks to see any difference. It's only been what three days since they changed the pills? I think you should let the pills do there job and wait the two-four weeks and see what happens.

But Please be honest with your therapist.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26 Points: 33,958, Level: 26

Re: Suicide and School - October 3rd 2014, 07:29 PM

Hospitalization is an absolute last resort. Unless she believes that you will be unable to keep yourself safe, you probably won't be re-admitted. Based on what you've written here, I don't see why you would be either, but it's always best to be honest with her.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Suicide and School - October 3rd 2014, 07:39 PM

Hey there,

I don't know for certain if your therapist will re-admit you. From my own experience with hospitalizations it was a last resort. Your therapist will, most likely, only turn to it if she feels you are not capable of keeping yourself safe. I think the best thing you can do is be honest with her about everything you are dealing with and see what happens. The more honest you are with your therapist the better able she will be at helping you.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Suicide and School - October 4th 2014, 11:32 AM

i'm wondering about what happened to you in your past. I know that they are the source of anguish that causes you to think about all of these bad thoughts. you've a really supportive mom and she loves you. And i think that you are someone who has the strength to overcome all the bad thoughts. The question is...

whats making you think so negatively? what is the one thought that when remembered, triggers all of these negative thoughts? thats what you have to overcome. And.... we are going to help you overcome it.

You are loved.. you are loved. Never ever think that you deserve all the suffering you got. Dont ever blame yourself for anything either. We've all been through a lot... and we dont want to see you in pain.

If you want someone to rant to, or just a friend, i'll always be around.
Closed Thread