TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dee_lovely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,369, Level: 10 Points: 5,369, Level: 10 Points: 5,369, Level: 10

Friend and New Boyfriend - October 18th 2014, 03:15 AM

Hello all,

This is just to vent some personal frustration. My friend has stared dating a guy, I don't really care about that, but before that we were inseparable. This week I saw her one time in which she fell asleep. She then told me she spent all week at the Boyfriend's house. So tonight I asked if she wanted to do something and her response was "I can't I'm at his house tonight."

He lives maybe a mile from me. I get that she's in a relationship now, but my friend Jordan just started dating someone and I haven't seen him any less. But with Shelly, its like she's in witness protection!

Frustrating. I can't even really talk to her about it because it won't change anything, I'm not a part of their relationship obviously. But I do think it would do some good to say: Hey, it'd mean something to me if you initiated things between us sometimes because it would make me feel valued.

At 20 you'd think these problems would be obsolete!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Friend and New Boyfriend - October 18th 2014, 04:27 AM

Hey there,

Even if talking to your friend wouldn't change the situation it might make you feel better to open up to her about how you are feeling in regards to the situation. Sometimes letting someone know how their behavior is making you feel can be really validating. You might not get the response that you want but in the end you will have gotten your feelings out and you will have known that that person heard what you were saying. So, you might want to think about letting your friend know how you are feeling. It might not change anything but you deserve to be heard.

I hope this helped in some way and if you ever want to chat feel free to message me.
Closed Thread