TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlwaysCaring Offline
Average Joe

Got Blocked - November 1st 2014, 05:45 PM

This guy blocked me on kik and from text it doesn't make any sense to me
because we got on well, talked about hanging out and used to sext.
I don't know what to think I sent him 3 or 4 messages so maybe he got annoyed with me? But that didn't seem to bother him before?
It just doesn't make any sense to me.
What does everyone think?

His birthday is coming up and it sucks that I won't be able to say Happy Birthday to him because he blocked me.

Will he ever forget that he blocked me?
Do people ever forget that they block someone?
I hope not

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Got Blocked - November 1st 2014, 08:30 PM

First things first, are you sure you were blocked? How do you know you were blocked?

If you were genuinely blocked, in my personal opinion I think giving that person some time is a good way to go. People don't block someone without a reason and he must have had one. If you genuinely feel something's not right and/or you'd really like to know why, if you and he have a mutual friend, maybe you could ask them to chat with him and see what's wrong.

I don't know how long you've both been chatting, but for me personally, the last time I'd blocked someone was when I couldn't yet find a way to tell them I had a problem with them because they were really nice and I didn't want to hurt their feelings, so I'd blocked them to give myself a bit of breathing room while I gathered the courage to tell them what was going on. This isn't in any way to say that this guy is doing the same and/or that you're doing anything wrong, but my point here is that people don't block someone for no reason, but they can sometimes do it out of the blue and very unexpectedly.

I don't know if people can forget they've blocked someone. I expect it does happen though I should imagine that if that person who'd been blocked was significant enough, they'd not forget.

Again, give him some time. If you feel you can't bear to wait, see if someone else can chat to him and find out what's going on.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AlwaysCaring Offline
Average Joe

Re: Got Blocked - November 2nd 2014, 12:26 AM

Thanks for your good reply <3

I know that I was blocked on kik because I have sent him a few messages on there & their all stuck on D so he's not opening up our converstation/chat to read them but he has been opening up the app because he has an iPhone & once the app is opened the fade/ light color D turns to a Dark color D

I don't have any mutual friends with him

I don't have any idea why he would block me maybe it's because I sent him them few messages and he got annoyed with me?
But that's weird because he never blocked me before when I sent him a few messages.

Me and him have been chatting for a few months off and on.

What problems did you have with the people that you decided to block?

What do you mean if the person who was significant enough that they wouldn't forget that they blocked the person??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
First things first, are you sure you were blocked? How do you know you were blocked?

If you were genuinely blocked, in my personal opinion I think giving that person some time is a good way to go. People don't block someone without a reason and he must have had one. If you genuinely feel something's not right and/or you'd really like to know why, if you and he have a mutual friend, maybe you could ask them to chat with him and see what's wrong.

I don't know how long you've both been chatting, but for me personally, the last time I'd blocked someone was when I couldn't yet find a way to tell them I had a problem with them because they were really nice and I didn't want to hurt their feelings, so I'd blocked them to give myself a bit of breathing room while I gathered the courage to tell them what was going on. This isn't in any way to say that this guy is doing the same and/or that you're doing anything wrong, but my point here is that people don't block someone for no reason, but they can sometimes do it out of the blue and very unexpectedly.

I don't know if people can forget they've blocked someone. I expect it does happen though I should imagine that if that person who'd been blocked was significant enough, they'd not forget.

Again, give him some time. If you feel you can't bear to wait, see if someone else can chat to him and find out what's going on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Writer Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Got Blocked - November 2nd 2014, 01:07 PM

Well, maybe he was maybe changed his mind about you, and it was too awkward for him to tell you he didn't want to talk to you anymore. Maybe he got a girlfriend.

You can speculate all you want, but if he blocked you, it's probably best to just let him alone. Otherwise, you'll create a lot of unnecessary drama.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AlwaysCaring Offline
Average Joe

Re: Got Blocked - November 2nd 2014, 08:20 PM

I don't know
I don't care anymore
He was just going to use me anyways and who wants to be used?
He's just twit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer View Post
Well, maybe he was maybe changed his mind about you, and it was too awkward for him to tell you he didn't want to talk to you anymore. Maybe he got a girlfriend.

You can speculate all you want, but if he blocked you, it's probably best to just let him alone. Otherwise, you'll create a lot of unnecessary drama.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Got Blocked - November 2nd 2014, 09:35 PM

Hey there,

It is really frustrating when someone does this but in the end it is best to move on. You said yourself that he was using you and you need to realize that you deserve a lot better then that. I know sometimes it can be hard to give ourselves the things that we deserve but in the end you need to take a step back and realize that this person was not a good influence in your life and it is probably best that he is no longer a part of your life. You will find someone better; someone that will not use you.

Best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AlwaysCaring Offline
Average Joe

Re: Got Blocked - November 6th 2014, 06:28 AM

It's his birthday this week and I kind of want to say Happy Birthday to him.
But how can I if I'm blocked?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Got Blocked - November 9th 2014, 01:21 AM

Hey there,

If he blocked you I wouldn't bother saying happy birthday to him. He obviously doesn't want to hear from you at this point in time so the best thing to do is to give him the space that he is requiring. I know this might be hard to do but in the end it is the best thing for you to do. Respect the space he is asking for even if he is asking for it in an indirect manner.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: Got Blocked - November 9th 2014, 12:47 PM

Hello there.
It is good to think of the possibilities why you were blocked. If there was no reason for him to block you. Ask him why he blocked you

Closed Thread