TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Asteria Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Points: 5,282, Level: 10 Points: 5,282, Level: 10 Points: 5,282, Level: 10

Being in a relationship while having depression and anxiety - March 10th 2015, 12:14 PM

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has advice about being in a relationship while suffering from depression and anxiety..

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year and right now we are close to breaking point and I do not want to break up with this guy!

I have had anxiety for 6 years now and have had bad depression for about 2 years and before I got with my boyfriend he knew that I had these issues and it never bothered him and he has been supportive but now we both cant seem to cope and I don't know what to do or how to make our relationship better again.

I cry most nights because of this and I am at a loss..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Being in a relationship while having depression and anxiety - March 10th 2015, 04:42 PM

Hey there Hannah. First off, just a quick welcome to the site! Second, I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. Dating anyone with a mental illness such as Depression, or Anxiety can be quite challenging at times. It takes patience and understanding. This Article I'm linking you to may be able to help answer some questions, as well as give you and your boyfriend a new perspective on this.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM/VM me anytime. Just know you aren't alone in this, and that you will always have someone to lean on here. Take care! ~Adelaide.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Asteria Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Points: 5,282, Level: 10 Points: 5,282, Level: 10 Points: 5,282, Level: 10

Re: Being in a relationship while having depression and anxiety - March 11th 2015, 03:06 PM

Thank you so much and I will give the article a read and get my boyfriend to read it. It means a lot to get advice/help from you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Being in a relationship while having depression and anxiety - March 11th 2015, 04:36 PM

It's not a problem at all. I'm here if you need anything.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Closed Thread