TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

Stressed - May 9th 2009, 10:21 AM

I have alot on my mind at the moment.....

My boyfriend's brother's girlfriend keeps coming to me when her and him aren't talking and it's doing my head in because 2 weeks ago she told her boyfriend i was an attention seeker and a liar then he told my boyfriend, she done this to split me and Chris up which we didn't. But you just wouldn't keep coming to someone who you think is a liar and an attention seeker for help. I wish she would realise to sort stuff out for herself and not drag me into it. It's making me more confused and upset that she calls me them names then comes to me. I mean i'm not an attention seeker or a liar. She also likes my boyfriend, him and his brother are twins but my boyfriend has long hair and she's liked him since i started dating him.

Also two of my best friends live together and their going to be homeless in less than a week because one of their uncle's ran off to wales and left them in his debt. wish i could help them i feel useless, upset and suicidal to

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥

Last edited by Strider; May 9th 2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Taking out 'Triggering' prefix.
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Stressed - May 9th 2009, 04:05 PM

Hey Jodie,

I wouldn't say that this is explicitly triggering, so I'm going to take down the 'Triggering' caption. If any of the other mods disagree, then feel free to change it.

It isn't right that your boyfriend's brother's girlfriend keeps coming to you to unload her feelings after calling you names and making things up about you. That's not fair for you, and what might be the best thing to do is tell her to explain how she feels to her boyfriend rather than telling you. Let her know that you don't know what she should do about this and she should probably talk to someone who does.

Coming to someone for help shows a trust between people, and that includes respecting them. This girl is not respecting you, so unless she stops, then I don't think you should offer her this kind of support. If, however, she does stop saying mean things about you, then I think you should do your best and listen to what she has to say. You don't owe her anything though, so you don't have to. Just understand that she must trust you to tell you these things.

There's not too much you can do for your friends, unless you can let them stay with you for a while. That's not fair for their uncle to run off like that and leave his dept on them. Is there a lawyer they could contact about this? Suggest that they get in touch with one or the authorities. In the meantime, try and help them find a place to stay. If they can bunch with you for a little while, then let them, and maybe help to research some shelters in the area.

Stay strong and take some time to relax. Don't let other peoples' problems stress you out so much. You care about them a great deal, and I think that shows how good a person you are, but you need to keep yourself safe and healthy too.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Stressed - May 11th 2009, 01:35 AM

If your feeling all this, it's good to talk to someone. Which is probably why you came to this site.
So, PM if you need to. I check this everyday.
Also, with the boyfriend-brother-gf problem...just ignore her. What the situation is, sounds tough, but just tell her to leave you alone. Or talk to your boyfriend about it. Maybe he can do something to help you.

About your friends, help them out as much as you can. You don't necessarily have to lend them money, but maybe bring them food, offer to do their laundry, or other chores. That could save them time AND money, which is always helpful

I really do give you my best wishes
Take care,
Megan

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

Closed Thread