TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Aryll Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,331, Level: 10 Points: 5,331, Level: 10 Points: 5,331, Level: 10

Mum's boyfriend - May 2nd 2015, 02:49 PM

So, I've had this odd feeling about my mum's boyfriend from day one, something about him is just off. He's nice enough, but I still get the bad feeling and it's been over a year since they started going out. By now he's stopped trying to hug me, because he knows I don't like it.

But tonight, I went into the lounge room while they were hanging out there and told my mum that this place was doing ballet lessons, and he asked if I liked dancing. I told him yes, but only really ballet, Latin and folk dancing. He then said to me that he could teach me the salsa and the tango, and also mentioned ballroom dancing.
I don't know if I'm overreacting or not but that kind of creeped me out a little while and I couldn't breathe for a few minutes afterwards...

Am I being stupid and overreacting or was that quite a normal thing to offer?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Points: 6,171, Level: 11 Points: 6,171, Level: 11 Points: 6,171, Level: 11

Re: Mum's boyfriend - May 2nd 2015, 04:28 PM

It sounds like he is trying to get closer to you. It may feel a little creepy. I think you should try to talk to him about how this has made you feel. This might feel weird but it will help you and him communicate a little which will allow you to be able to see how he is. Maybe even trust him a little.
It's hard seeing your mom or dad date someone who isn't eachother but with some cumin comunication it can be a little easier.
If you need someone to talk to you can always pm/vm or email me from my page if you want to talk.
Stay strong. All will be okay in the long run.
Closed Thread