TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

He's The Guy I Was Stupid To Trust. (Long) - May 11th 2009, 04:47 AM

I grow very attached to people super easily. I love them like right away, if you're my friend I care about you right away and within a few days I love you like no one else could. I'm a very open person, but not trusting and that's from all my past friends and when I was picked on in school. Anyways, I have a "best friend" who we'll call Panda. There was a convention in town this weekend. I was gonna hang out with him Friday because we planned this two weeks ago. He lives an hour away from me, so it's hard to see him. He always needs a ride though, he never tries to come down on his own and that's not fair to my parents who have to get him because I don't have my license yet. Well, we couldn't get him this Friday because my mom's car went up, then we got it back and we had to switch it for my dad's, my dad took my mom's and my sister went to work. I had no way to get to him, at first I was mad at my parents', but they couldn't help that it happened. Then I went to getting mad at my friend for not even trying to come down on his own and he hung up on me right when I told him I couldn't come.

Skip to Sunday. I went to the convention with my best friend of eleven years, Val. We chilled, hung out with someone I knew, and were just weird like always. When we were going upstairs, because the convention center links to the hotel if you go through this long sky tunnel, you can see outside and everything. When we were going, I saw my "best friend" Panda going down. I noticed him right away, because come on, he was someone really close to me. Anyways, I like screamed out his name and then ran down the stairs in a skirt and crap flats that are too big on me, but the size smaller was too small. Anyways, he pretty much ignored me when I got down by him. He acted like he didn't know me and he gave me a super awkward hug, which he never does. I wanted to tell him I have a girlfriend, but I wanted to know how he felt about me first because we had a start of a relationship, but it never went to being girlfriend and boyfriend because he pulled some crap on me that hurt me a lot. I was about to ask him, but his friend was standing right next to us and wouldn't move away. It was weird, I was trying to hint at Panda to ask her/him (I didn't know because to be honest, I didn't care.) to leave for a second so I could speak with him. I got annoyed when he just like totally acted like I was a stranger, so I looked at him and headed towards the stairs saying I'll talk to him later. Later never came, I didn't see him after that. Anyways, right before I said I was leaving, he grabbed my arm and said no. I said I had to go back up to my friends and he just let go and kind of said whatever.

Now, I couldn't get over the way he acted towards me. He's never been like that to me in the fours to fives months I've known him and I didn't like it. I mean, he didn't even call my tonight to try to speak with me because it was easy to see I was super hurt by him and he knew it. I'm not gonna call him because if he's my "best friend" like he claims to be, he shouldn't have treated me that way. I mean, I'm sick of being his ride here. Sick of how he uses me to get rides. Sick of how he only hangs out with me for like two hours then has to go to another friend's house. I'm just sick of it all. But, I wanna know, is it okay for me to walk away from him? I mean, he once said, if I left there was a 50% chance of him killing himself, but I don't deserve how he treats me because I'm really nice to him. What do you guys think?

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: He's The Guy I Was Stupid To Trust. (Long) - May 12th 2009, 01:31 AM

Hey,

I just got a little bit confused while reading that but I'll try to put as much input as I can. 'Panda' seems a little bit confused himself. Maybe he's just a lil angry? I don't know...at something? He also seems to be a little bit awkward with you now. maybe theres a reason for that.

From what I know, guys are guys. Sometimes they show they care, sometimes they don't. It's hard to create a real relationship[friendship wise] with them because most of them aren't like the way girls act. Boys try to avoid drama as much they can. A lot hate confrontation and complication.

So, my advice is let him cool off for a bit, maybe a couple days-1 week and then go back to him and just...talk. It doesn't sound good, but maybe talk to him like none of that ever happened. If you don't want to do that, maybe tell him how he made you feel/makes you feel all the time.

Now I have a question.....was this convention by any chance ACEN? ^_^

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

Re: He's The Guy I Was Stupid To Trust. (Long) - May 12th 2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel14 View Post
Hey,

I just got a little bit confused while reading that but I'll try to put as much input as I can. 'Panda' seems a little bit confused himself. Maybe he's just a lil angry? I don't know...at something? He also seems to be a little bit awkward with you now. maybe theres a reason for that.

From what I know, guys are guys. Sometimes they show they care, sometimes they don't. It's hard to create a real relationship[friendship wise] with them because most of them aren't like the way girls act. Boys try to avoid drama as much they can. A lot hate confrontation and complication.

So, my advice is let him cool off for a bit, maybe a couple days-1 week and then go back to him and just...talk. It doesn't sound good, but maybe talk to him like none of that ever happened. If you don't want to do that, maybe tell him how he made you feel/makes you feel all the time.

Now I have a question.....was this convention by any chance ACEN? ^_^
He ended up texting me and started a fight. Then called me and started a bigger fight, so to shut him up I told him I wasn't mad anymore because I didn't want to deal with a fight. I mean, he said he'd try to call tonight, but he won't. I mean, he keeps saying he did nothing wrong and he was just out of it because he's got so little sleep, but I don't get much sleep anymore, but I'll still act like I care about someone and act like I know them.

Yeah, I was running around with one of my friends who had a Taiko drum and playing it down the hallways.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: He's The Guy I Was Stupid To Trust. (Long) - May 13th 2009, 01:58 AM

O.K guys AND girls make up silly excuses that just dig the fight deeper. If he doesn't call I would say just let him be and let him come around, yeah know? The best thing to do now is let all your anger towards him go. That may be the only way to have a better relationship with him.
And my friend went to the ACEN convention Haha. i wanna PM you about it.

Anyways, good luck with your friend!! Hope things work out the way you want to.

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

Closed Thread