TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rmt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My sister left home - August 5th 2015, 12:59 PM

Hi. I know that posting my problem here isn't the best thing that I can do right now but I really don't what else.

My sister left home without saying a word this morning. My family knows that she's been having a some kind of personality change and she wouldn't talk about it. She wouldn't tell what is on her mind. When asked, she would just say that everything is fine. I wouldn't go into details on what happened. I just need an advice on what I should do to find her, at least just to know that she is safe.

I live in a third world country so you would know how dangerous some places are. My parents are really worried, that they don't care where she went. They just want to know if she is doing fine. She left her phone and just brought a bag pack with her. I really can't tell much details since I am currently staying 2 hours away from home, reviewing for my licensure exam. She is two years older than me. We were really close but she wouldn't tell me anything. I don't know any of her friends on our hometown (she just graduated college and stayed at home. She studied in a university 8 hours away from home) and I don't trust her friends back in the University knowing that they some things from me when I asked them about my sister from before, when she started having problems.

Is there any way on how I could have at least an idea on where she went? She also haven't logged in on fb for 18 hours now. Anyone? Thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L4Y Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Adam

Re: My sister left home - August 5th 2015, 08:10 PM

I'm very sorry for your sister's situation. Some people lean toward hiring private investigators, but if this is not financially feasible, I would suggest utilizing the Internet as best as possible in addition to speaking to as many people as you can. I realize trust may be an issue in regard to some of her friends, but in an emergency situation such as this, I feel you should seek out as much help as possible.

You can always print out missing persons posters as well and distribute them to places you feel would be most effective. And of course, going to the authorities is an option if you begin to believe it is necessary. I wish everyone well and hope you find your sister soon.

Closed Thread