TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy sister abuses me - August 30th 2015, 07:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Im 15 and male and my little sister who is almost 14 likes to physically abuse me and whenever i restrain her (holding her down so she cant hurt me) im the one who gets in trouble and my parents don't do anything to punish her at all, she has never resorted to any kind of weapons but she punches and sometimes smacks me but i am afraid one day she might go to weapons. what can i do to stop this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: sister abuses me - August 31st 2015, 04:14 PM

Hey there. I'm sorry that your sister is physically abusing you. Sometimes parents see it as 'playful banter' or just 'siblings being siblings.' Maybe you could talk to your parents one on one about the situation and express to them that her hitting you makes you uncomfortable and that it really bothers you. That you would like for them to talk to her about it so she will stop. If this happens again, I would go directly to your parents rather than trying to hold her down.

You could also try and speak with your sister about this and ask her why she is doing this. Let her know that it bothers you and really hurts your feelings and that you would like her to stop. Maybe she doesn't realize it bothers you the way it does, but rather does it to 'pick on you.' I really wish you all the best with this situation. If you need anything else, feel free to PM me at anytime. Best wishes~

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: sister abuses me - August 31st 2015, 04:18 PM

In all honesty, I would talk to someone about what's going on. At you're age I am assuming you're in school so talking to someone at school I think, would be a brilliant idea. A teacher, a tutor, a counselor, pastoral support officer etc. These people care about you and have a lot of policies in place these days where they can't allow you to be harmed and they'll help you on how to deal with the situation or at least they should do and I hope they will do. I know that reaching out to people can be hard (so well done for coming here and talking to us!) but they honestly will be able to help you. Even just talking and sharing the problem can make it a little easier you know? And we're always here if you want to talk. Of course if the situation gets bad and out of control IE, your sister has a weapon, then I suggest you call the emergency services for immediate help. Have you tried gently talking to your sister about all of this? What she is doing to you is wrong and she shouldn't be trying to hurt you to the point where you need to try and restrain her but something must be bothering her or have caused her to feel the need or want to hurt you in this way, whether she's been bullied or something else has happened in her life I don't know, but I don't believe people bully and abuse for no reason. Maybe that's worth a think about.

I hope things go well but remember we're here for you too okay so please don't suffer in silence. Take good care of yourself,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sister abuses me - August 31st 2015, 11:14 PM

Thank you for helping me out, i was confused and did not in any way know what i could do to help myself so i could be happier. i will bring up what is going on very soon to my mother and father and if it stops i will let you know when i have the capability to do so. again thank you for the advice and hopefully it helps.

Closed Thread