TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gavriella Yael

I want my mom! - November 29th 2015, 07:50 AM

I decided to take my family to a trampoline park for black Friday. Me and my sister really wanted my mom to jump with us and so she did. We were having a lot of fun and a good time overall. I ended up breaking my toe but kept on jumping because I didn't want to ruin the fun. My mom landed wrong on a platform and broke her leg really bad. They had to take her in the ambulance to the hospital and she had surgery to fix it. It was really bad. I'm not supposed to cry. When the incident happened I had to be strong for my brother and sister so I held back the tears as I led them away. I don't cry at home because I'm not supposed to cry because it "doesn't solve or help anything" and various other reasons. So I lay in bed crying at night. I can't sleep and have not slept in 2 days. I keep thinking it's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed her to jump with us. I should have told her about my toe and then maybe we would have went home and it never would have happened. I shouldn't have brought them there. I haven't seen my mom after that incident because I have been working. I want my mom to be okay. I miss her. I love her. I feel as if it's my fault. I'm sorry. forums/f18-friends-family/att2852-mom-break-leg-altitude-jpg

~ Always look to the brighter side of life just as a sunflower looks to the sun and not the dark clouds! ~
  Send a message via Yahoo to nostalgic_daydreamer Send a message via Skype™ to nostalgic_daydreamer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: I want my mom! - November 29th 2015, 10:08 PM

This is NOT your fault at all. It isn't anyone's fault. You couldn't have predicted that something like this would happen, and accidents do happen. This is something that could have happened to anyone. Sometimes things just happen that are out of our control, and it really wasn't something that was in your control. Nobody could control whether or not she broke her leg, and nobody could have saw it coming.

Maybe you can give you mom a call on a lunch break, at the very least, and check up on her. Even a short talk may help you ease your mind and it may show you that she isn't angry at you for what happened. Then when you have a day off you can pay her a visit.

Is there anyone you can talk to about this? Sometimes it can help to get some type of verbal reassurance to remind you that everything is okay.

And crying is okay too. Crying is a safe and healthy way to release your emotions. They don't have to be pent up inside, and sometimes after we have a good cry we're more clear headed and are able to tackle things with a more open mind.

You can do this! I know she'll recover.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: I want my mom! - November 30th 2015, 02:18 AM

Hey there.

I'm very sorry for what happened. This must be really upsetting for you.

You broke your toe but still kept on despite the pain, solely because you wanted your family to continue having fun. Not to mention, you carried them to the trampoline park with a wonderful intention; so all of you can have a good time. Please don't blame yourself because accidents happen, and this was an accident just like breaking your toe was an accident. You had no idea what was going to happen. As Dez said, this isn't your fault or anyone's fault.

Are you able to take a day off from work, or go see her before or after work? I like Dez's idea of calling her during a lunch break because she is right, having a short conversation could help you realize she isn't angry at you. It could be comforting to check up on her as well. Letting her know you are sorry for what happened and explaining you only wanted everyone to have a good time could get some things off your chest as well.

There is nothing wrong with crying, despite what anyone may say to you. Crying is actually very healthy because it allows you to let your emotions out, and it relieves stress. It's a healthy and normal reaction to intense emotions, so holding back tears can actually be unhealthy as it forces you to bottle up any emotional reaction. Crying may not solve the problem but it can comfort you to be able to express your feelings.

Seeing her badly hurt must have been incredibly hard for you, but always keep in mind that it isn't your fault. I am sure you have gotten injuries as a child due to your parents buying you something that you have gotten hurt on, or took you to a place with the intention of having fun but ending up getting hurt at some point. That wasn't their fault either because hurting you wasn't their intention, and it was meant to bring you joy - this situation is the same thing. You only wanted to create a happy evening for your sister and your mom, and you had no idea this was going to happen so it isn't your fault. Accidents will happen but it shouldn't prevent you from having potentially accident-free fun times to create good memories.

Take care and hang in there because I am sure your mom will be okay and I highly doubt she blames you.

Closed Thread