TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Honestly don't know what to do anymore. - December 22nd 2015, 07:30 PM

I have been dealing with depression for the past year and lost most of my friends during that period of time.

I want to make more friends but I can't I have no connections to anyone I have no one that I know to even meet up with. I have a friend called jack who lives like 40 mins away and when ever I ask him to meet up I have only asked twice he said I can't and says he's busy and it's hard to meet me as i have to travel and pay for a train which takes half an hour and then for him to suddenly cancel but if he can go out with his other friends then surely he can meet me. I'm in this situation where I'm thinking what do I do to meet people if I can't go to bar with anyone as I don't have anyone to go with. I don;t have many friends at work and they aren't really friend material if you understand from where imc coming from. Please don't mention social groups or clubs as they don't exist here haha what can I do to meet people I feel so locked away and it's killing me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Notsure Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Re: Honestly don't know what to do anymore. - December 22nd 2015, 08:46 PM

Im in a similar situation. My social anxiety got really bad and i moved schools, to one that i can cope with. I lost all my friends because of this.

Since then i've been making friends online. Its not quite the same as a friend that you can go and hang out with, but its alright for me. I met most of my friends from a game i used to play, and still talk with some of them now. While online friendships can be short, i've been friends with a few for almost two years now, and a few more for over a year. So i think making friends with people online is a good idea. I really dont know how to make friends irl though.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Honestly don't know what to do anymore. - December 24th 2015, 11:01 PM

Hey Justin,

Is there anyway you could get your friend Jack to come to you, that way if he cancels at least you won't have to travel anywhere far from home. Have you thought about trying to reconnect with old friends, sometimes it's good to have a catch up and see where that might lead you.

What really interests you, you could look at taking up a hobby of some kind and see where that takes you, it could mean you meet some like minded people who share the same interests as you. You could look at getting to know some of your work colleagues a little better, maybe you could organise some kind of work outing and go out for some drinks or something like that.

I'm always here if you need a chat.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Honestly don't know what to do anymore. - December 25th 2015, 08:19 AM

Hello Justin

I think it might be good if you join some websites like this one (Teenhelp consists of real life people ) and it's possible to meet up with them The more sites and people you network with, the more chances there will be for you to meet up with people who are just like you and want to experiences. The more doors you go through, the more chances you'll have and the more people you can meet. I think that you'll have no problem though.. you sound so nice, and you're so caring. The fact that you know which kind of people you wanna mix with and who to stay away from is a blessing .

Only those who will care about you and love you as who you are will get to know you as the awesome person you are, which is nice. You'll avoid all the mean people who seek to put people down.

There's so many things you can do, and the more possibilities you look into, the happier you'll be later Also, remember that you'll always have me around.. rant to me anytime!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread