Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Rank: GOD
Welcome me, I'm new!
Gender: Your alien doodoo
Location: The fuckin north pole

Posts: 3
Join Date: January 15th 2016

Long story, need a good, well thought advice. - January 17th 2016, 06:07 AM

So my parents want to go back to our home country. I wanna stay in Canada, because it's better than my home country.
They call me mentally sick. Because it's an excuse to make me sad and hurt so that they feel better.
They want me to get perfectly good grades, study this and that, and wants me to be what they weren't. - I don't like what they want me to be. So they look down on me.

Basically, their plan is, they want me to feel trapped, so that they have enough power over me and then beat the fuck out of me if I don't do what they want me to do, or in detailed words, don't do what I want to do. - I know this shit too well.

They have given me a 3 year chance, how do I get the hell out of this? How do I go a foster home to live in and spend my entire life there and be happy forever? I need serious help. I need to go somewhere and they can suck my ass after. I ain't going back to my uncivilized, filthy, dirty af country. I ain't a bitch who gonna live in a country that is sickening.

I don't wanna go with them. How do I leave them alone? How do I avoid it? How do I find a safe spot where I'm gonna be happy?

Please help me. I don't want you to show stupid af sympathy, keep it to yourself. I just need CLUES, IDEAS, and ADVICE. Not sympathy.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough
Always *'s Avatar
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Hogwarts

Posts: 3,169
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: April 12th 2012

Re: Long story, need a good, well thought advice. - January 17th 2016, 01:40 PM

How old are you? Have they literally beat your ass? Do you have permanent resident status or citizenship in Canada? All of these things are important and influence the options you have.

If you're being abused, report it to family and children services or your local equivalent or report into the police. Hell, report it to both for good measure if you want. It'll be investigated and hopefully get you out of their home. This shouldn't be simply to spite them for trying to take you back to the homeland though; it's just the right thing to do because you shouldn't have to live in an unsafe place. If your home country is as bad as you say, child protection laws might not help you much there, and you should take advantage of the system in Canada while you can. It's a win win situation really; you'll have a higher chance of staying here and you'll also be closer to ending the abuse.

If you're 16 or older, you might want to find a way to support yourself, through legal and legitimate employment, and then try to get emancipated. If you don't want to go back to the homeland, you might as well think about it. Research emancipation laws in your province or territory and go from there.

Do not, and I repeat do not, do anything like run away or anything else illegal. It'll only make it worse for you because of things like the police can come pick you up if your parents report you as a run away.

If you have to, try going to a youth shelter first and getting information about how you can leave your family.

Honestly, I would strongly encourage you to talk to people at family and children services are to further find out all of your options, I'm sure there are many other services you can access too.

And finally, if you don't have permanent resident status or citizenship it'll make it really hard for you to stay here without your parents because it probably means your visa is some how based on theirs (don't know how that works though) so you might want to try to secure that if you can.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
Closed Thread


abuse, advice, forceful, good, long, story, thought, unexpected

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.