TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Seniors Last Day - May 16th 2009, 03:00 AM

Well, this year, I'm a junior. This is coming to an end very soon... Scary thought.
But this isn't about me becoming a senior. It's more about those who I've become so attached to leaving. Quite a few who I have been in grade school with since Kindergarten, are going to be gone. Not from my life, and one of those guys promised me that today, by saying he promises he will be back and visiting and giving a much needed and rather reassuring hug. There's also those who I've just become attached to these last three years through theater and band. Like a girl, who I never expected to see cry, that I saw cry a few times this past month, and both times she has hugged me and I know that hasn't made all the difference like some other people showing their care, but she's let me know it has had some affect.
And then there's one person, who I hate to think, I'm going to miss the most. Little does he know, that us becoming friends and even though we haven't had majorly heart-to-heart conversations, he's become something that I have held onto with my life. And now he's going to be an hour away, and I don't have his phone number... And I will see him Sunday at his open house and hopefully again soon, but I'm not quite sure. That's major guessing there. I don't want him to leave, but I know that he pretty much has to. And I see this upcoming year (well, at least these two upcoming weeks) as being very difficult and am not quite sure how they will go.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Seniors Last Day - May 16th 2009, 03:47 AM

During my sophomore year I went to homeschool. I left a lot of my friends, but I'm really happy that I made that decision. It allowed me to get out of that "high school" drama and nonsense that life doesn't need. But now, all my friends are graduating, and I graduated early. They have senior trips and pictures... I didn't get that. I'm kind of sad that I don't get that part of school.

I know how It feels to leave your friends, but It's life. You grow out of certain phases and people, and you learn to move on. That's just part of life that we have to understand, or we'll be stuck in a hindering position.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Seniors Last Day - May 17th 2009, 02:31 PM

Hi Emily,

It really is sad to see older friends graduate and move on from school. I'm in much the same boat with some people at my school right now. What you need to keep in mind is that they wont be gone forever, and that you are still able to keep in touch with them.

Keep a notebook or address book with you handy and write down all your friends' emails and phone numbers. Try to stay in the habit of calling them up or emailing them now and again to see how they are doing and if they want to hang out. An hour really isn't that far, so don't worry that you will never see them.

I think it's great that you've developed so many strong friendships. Having friends graduate doesn't make them any less your friends too. Keep in touch and stay together as much as you can. In one more year, you'll be in the same position as they are.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Seniors Last Day - May 17th 2009, 10:10 PM

I went to my friend's house for his open house. Couldn't get myself to go in. For the sole reason that I did not see any familiar cars and it scared me so much I felt like I was having a panic attack. Now, I feel the major need to apologize, especially since I promised him I would go. I do not have his phone number and am planning on contacting him on Facebook because I'm not sure when the next time I would see him would be and knowing me, I will have forgotten by then. Problem is, that I don't know what to say...
And some people may say I can go back up there... But it's a half hour away and I can't drive myself, I have to have my dad drive me and I KNOW he won't and honestly, I freaked myself out already from it and don't know if I could get myself to go back up through that again.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: Seniors Last Day - May 19th 2009, 04:07 AM

Growing up is just harsh like that, y'know? I'm about to go to high school, just, and my whole world and friends are changing so much. It sucks, but you'll be a senior next year, yourself, and then you'll be out on your own. The important thing is not to think about the bad things, like losing some of your friends, because in the end, it's not as big of a deal as you make of it, and it's not something that you can change. Just don't leave any loose ends.

Oh, and about your friends, they don't have to be lost, you know. Just get that guy's number and anyone else's that you need (also, myspace is pretty convenient for keeping in touch with people).

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Seniors Last Day - May 21st 2009, 04:44 AM

I just had my last senior day today... sad but life goes on your ture friends will stay there for you...
Tommorrow grad night

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

Closed Thread