TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Friend ruined my life! Now I dont know what to do! - May 17th 2009, 04:49 AM

I dont know if I should post this here or relationships. My friend RUINED my life. I trusted her and now she messed up everything for me. I want to disappear, its SO embarassing!! And she still doesn't get it! This guy and I were really good friends, things stopped working out, a lot of stuff happened. I think he's over it but I'm still in the process kind of, so I trusted my friend and told her whenever I needed to talk. And she used to jokingly say I'm gona tell him but promised not to and I continued telling her. He's moved on. And his statuses have been a strange like about loyalty and stuff and i knw its not regarding me. He doesn't even think about me. And I've made a fool of myself already and today I was all happy and better. She messaged both of us in our facebook inboxes, stuff like whats going on between you to, you're gona thank me for this. I cant even face him now in school. I dont know what to do! Its so embarrassing. Two days ago he messaged me but I had to go so we decided we'll come online later and I did for ten minutes and he wasn't there. My internet stopped working. I shouldn't have because he wasn't online but just incase he was, I messaged him in his inbox saying sorry if you had to wait. He didnt reply but he came online after that. I know he has moved on and there are other girls in his life. And now I'm the biggest fool ever. I was going to avoid seeing him and now I dont know what to do!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Friend ruined my life! Now I dont know what to do! - May 17th 2009, 05:01 AM

Well, I don't think you should be too mad at your friend. What she did probably wasn't right, but I thinkjshe did it for the right reasons, she was trying to help.

As far as what to do about him, I'd try writing him a message or talking about things if you think you can salvage the friendship and want to. But otherwise, just try to avoid him. Be friendly if you do see him, but no need to say more than 'hi', if that.

I know getting over a close friend can be hard, but you can do it. There are so many other awesome guys out there that would absolutely love to be your friend I'm sure. JUst get through this the best you can and don't forget, there are always more fish in the sea.

*hug* PM me if you need anything, I'm always happy to help. Good luck.

~Cody

Normal User

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Friend ruined my life! Now I dont know what to do! - May 17th 2009, 02:18 PM

Hey there,

It's really tough to know what to do when a friend goes behind your back on something, but what I suggest doing is looking over exactly what happened and what your friend's intentions were. From what you were saying, your friend was not trying to ruin your life by messaging you and your former friend, it just sounded like she was trying to help resolve things.

Messaging him might have been your friend's way of showing that she wants to help you. She knows how you're feeling right now, and she just wants to make things better. But that doesn't make it any less inappropriate. It's no use starting an argument over, but I think you should still tell your friend about how you felt when she did this. She needs to know that what she did really upset you, but you are still glad she cares so much.

As for the guy at school, don't be embarrassed around him. You're allowed to feel any way you want to, so don't let having this guy around change that. Things may be awkward for a while, but just keep to yourself and stay with your friends. Still be nice to him, but that doesn't mean you need to talk with him all the time.

In future, I think you should rethink what you want to tell people. There are other ways to let out your feelings and not have them repeated by someone else. Try writing them down in a journal, or coming here to talk about them.

Feel free to message me at any time, as well.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread