TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pluviotale Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry My sister is a spoiled kid - April 11th 2016, 01:50 PM

My youngest sister is in 7th grade, and she has become an extremely spoiled kid. I think she started becoming like this because of her friends. She hangs out all the time with them, and I know from my other sister who is in the same school as her, that her friends are all spoiled kids who don't really care about school and who disrespect their seniors. My mom found out about it and told my sister not to hang out with them anymore. But no matter how many times Mom told and scolded her, she would still befriend them. She even lied to my mom once, said that she had a Science club afterschool but she actually went to have lunch in a restaurant with her friends. At home, she will spend the day on the internet, and doesn't care about other things. I rarely talk to her too. Whenever my mom and dad ask her to go to bath she would always disobey. And if she doesn't get what she wants, she will start to act childish like she will keep silent and won't talk to anyone all day or even screams. Even worse, she once drew doodles on the floor with pencil and she wrote something like "Mom doesn't love me. Mom only loves my older sisters.". I believe my mom and dad are using the same dicipline techniques that worked on me but they're not working on my sister. I'm sick of her being a spoiled and ungrateful kid. It makes me upset to see her like that as it can affect badly to my mom's health too. It happens on a daily basis and I really want to change her but I'm not sure how. My main priority is my parents' health.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: My sister is a spoiled kid - April 12th 2016, 03:06 AM

It's frustrating when siblings act out and it is nice of you to want to help your sister, but I think her behavior is something she has to see for herself if that makes sense. I think she has to acknowledge how she's acting and she has to want to make those changes. She is the one in control of herself and you can try to help her but she is the one who has to do most of the work.

If you're worried about the health of your parents, maybe you can help more around the house or do whatever you're able to do to help take some of the workload off of them. You can always confront them to let them know that you're worried about their health as well.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread