TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meowstic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I ran away from home - May 5th 2016, 05:47 PM

I got in a huge fight with my Dad yesterday. Me and my sister recently had to move in with my Dad. My stepmom is completely horrible to me when he's not around and every time I bring it up he doesn't believe me or takes her side! He only cares about her now and doesn't care about us at all. I hate being there more then anything else. So today when I left for school I packed what I needed and left home. Now I'm sitting in a MC Donalds for the wifi because I need to figure out what to do and where to go. I can't go to my Moms she made me move with my Dad because she doesn't want us to live with her anymore and she never explained why. I am absolutely NOT going to live at my Dad's house but I'm not sure where to go from here. Does anyone know if I would be able to live at a friend's house or with my Grandma or something or as soon as people know where I am will I be made to go back? Because that can't happen please help I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: I ran away from home - May 5th 2016, 06:18 PM

Hey Stacy, I'm so sorry that you don't feel comfortable living with your parents and that you've run away. For right now, you need to find a place to stay. A family member would be your best option if they're available, or a friend who's family is willing to have you. That (likely) won't be a permanent solution, but for the short term it will work. If you'd like to stay long-term (like more than a few days) either your parent(s) would have to agree, or your grandma would have to go to court. I would call your grandma and explain the situation then see what she wants to do.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I ran away from home - May 7th 2016, 02:49 AM

Hey there,

I hope that you get this and everything is going okay. Did you end up figuring out what you want to do? Did you find a safe place to go?

If you are uncomfortable living with your dad because of your step-mom you could try and come up with some kind of compromise. Maybe a few days out of the week you could spend time at your grandma's in order to get a break from your step-mom. Even if you couldn't stay there permanently it might be nice to spend a few days there every week?

I really hope that you are doing okay. If you get this feel free to reply so we will know you are doing okay.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Meowstic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I ran away from home - May 15th 2016, 10:46 PM

I'm sorry I haven't come back on in over a week since I posted this. I decided to call my Grandma to come pick me up and she did. Then I talked with her for a long time and then she called my mom (my mom and Grandma live in the same city but my dad lives in another city about half an hour away). Then me my mom and my grandma all talked and my mom agreed that I can come live with her again and my sister can stay at my Dad's (for some reason my sister gets along better with our stepmom). We lived with our mom up until a couple months ago but then my sister got expelled from her school and my mom was having money trouble and couldn't keep the house so we had to go live with my Dad. So now me and my mom are living in a one bedroom apartment and my mom works afternoons so I go to my Grandma's after school. I'm really glad that I'm going back to my old school again where I was finally making new friends and I'm finally ungrounded for running away that's why I got my phone back so I can write this. I'm sorry for making this post and then not replying. So far everything is going good this way except my dad is so mad at me he doesn't want to talk to me but I'm mad at him right now to.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: I ran away from home - May 16th 2016, 01:18 AM

I'm so glad things worked out well for you

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Samuel Offline
Sam
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: I ran away from home - May 17th 2016, 12:10 PM

I'm glad your safe, and with family, that's important. All I can say, is if your goingbto run again, try talking to someone first. Like if the problem is mom, talk to dad or grandma forst. Sometimes you might just need a break from that person.

Running away is pretty bad, a lot of bad stuff can happen. It might feel like the best or only option at that moment, but stuff can happen you don't ever want to think about. It's really dangerious. So please try not to do that again ok? Call someone and talk first, please?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jade24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I ran away from home - May 17th 2016, 12:11 PM

That's a big step you took. But glad that you're safe.

Closed Thread