TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
honeycake Offline
If you need a friend, i'm here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: jodie

i wish - May 18th 2009, 09:46 PM

I could change my boyfriend's controlling stepdad he won't let Chris or his twin mark do nothing they are stuck in their bedroom when hes in the house, their mum as to bring their food up to them they only get a little amount on the internet and its broadband, their not allowed anyone in the house when he's there. He treats their sister the same, except the youngest she's his favourite she's allowed people in the house and do whatever, but chris's mum won't say anything, i think she's scared. I just wanna change his ways

Darlin' don't leave me out here in the cold
I'm begging you baby don't leave me out here on my own I'll die, If you don't hold me tight Tonight, I couldn't make it outside If I tried, So please let me in lover,
Be kind ♥
  Send a message via AIM to honeycake Send a message via Skype™ to honeycake 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ILoveDimaBilan Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nina

Smile Re: i wish - May 19th 2009, 04:22 PM

Sometimes people had past experiances that may have affected them to act this way, try talking to his mother and see if she has anything to say about this.

My mother is quite stict with me but good with my brother because of past experiances. Try asking them and see what she says and have you heard your boyfriend's opinions? Try talking to them because its not to late and everyone should takes things in modoration.

Try asking and see what happens maybe it could just be fear of ajusting to moden times or things like that however if in the worst possible case it could be abuse I advise you to go and the athourities.

good luck and hope this helps
Nico xx

Giant owl goes...
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
- Paul Meton
- HIGNFY

Go against the rules walk on your own not behind someone else!
- Dima Bilan

The Glass of life is never half empty it is always half full
- ME

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: i wish - May 20th 2009, 09:35 PM

Hi Jodie,

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do about changing your boyfriend's stepdad. He may be controlling, but so far I do not think he's being harmful. Some parents are strict about letting people over, and about internet time, so I think that's pretty normal.

I'm wondering why it is your boyfriend listens to your stepdad? He may be strict, but I don't see what the problem is if he leaves his bedroom. He should be allowed to go around the house.

Right now, I think it might be a good idea if you hung out with your boyfriend outside of his house. Spend some time away from there, and go someplace fun. Also, you might want to suggest that your boyfriend go to the library or use a school computer if he needs to use the internet for more than his set time. And a talk with his mom wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread