TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
geez Offline
The One and Only
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: stressed out

Unhappy My friends never wish me happy birthday (A vent) - July 26th 2016, 07:17 PM

Hey, just for reference, it's not my birthday but it's coming up soon, and I was reminded of this.

So in my school, the popular thing to do is sing "Happy Birthday" really loud at lunch, even if you don't know the kid. The kid's friends will usually start it up and everyone (well, a big group of students) will join in because it's fun, even if they don't know or like the kid.

A large percentage of people will even get their buddies little minor gifts- but hey, im not expecting that much

Except this has never once happened on my birthday, (in school that is, I usually have a family party where people sing and give gifts, but I've given up on friend parties besides inviting one or two people for a sleepover).

It wouldn't really be a huge deal if I'd never reminded them or expressed not wanting them to do it.

But every single year I tell my friends that my birthday is coming up, ("its next wednesday!" "It's tomorrow", etc.) And they still never remember, or maybe don't care enough to

In fact it's only when I mention it ON THE DAY that it's my birthday that they manage an, "oh cool! happy birthday!" but I still never get sung to, and I always mention that I wish people would because I feel left out, but it never works.

What's even worse is that I have a friend born the day after me, and EVERYONE remembers their birthday and sings it to them and sometimes close friends even give them a drawing or a card or a pencil

Last year I didn't even mention it because I knew no one would remember or care enough anyway, and i was right..

I'm depressingly antisocial
Tumblr trash

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: My friends never wish me happy birthday (A vent) - July 27th 2016, 03:50 AM

Hello there.

I think that for you, you just need better friends who will care for you ... if you are around people who really care, really want to make you happy and really want to make your joy theirs, they would be more than willing to treat you to something you like, and make you feel appreciated on your birthday. The fact that people around you don't appreciate you saddens me, and you need better friends.

I think that they are missing out on you, and thats a shame because you're someone who deserves to be appreciated, cared for and loved.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My friends never wish me happy birthday (A vent) - July 27th 2016, 10:06 PM

Hey there,

I think you need to talk to your friends about this and tell them how much this bothers you. They might have some reason they don't acknowledge it. But, at the end of the day it's a pretty poor thing to do to someone that you are supposed to care about. Especially if they make it known that they want these things to occur. At the end of the day, if they don't fix this problem then it is very likely that you need to work on finding new friends; people that will show you friendship.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

Closed Thread