TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gothic Wolf Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11

best friend/ girlfriend problem - October 13th 2016, 03:14 PM

I have a friend (let's call her Christina) and a girlfriend (let's call her Natalie) Christina hates Natalie, with a passion for a number of reasons, we had issues in the start, bad communication, both of us really inexperienced etc. She has never meet her but got a bad impression and now hates her.
Natalie recently told me she wouldn't allow me to dye my hair extreme colours (I later found out this was a joke, like I said bad communication) and I told Christina this as well as the fact I wasn't going to dictate my life; I would emphasis this by dyeing my hair bright pink to which i got the response of (warning long copy and pasted message ahead) "I'm sorry I thought her royal highness said you couldn't dye your hair that colour. Look I'm sick to death of all this crap , since when do you need someone else's permission except obviously your mum's about what you can do to your OWN body or hair. I can't stand all the shit that comes with you being with a girl that clearly wants to control every aspect of your life when would you do that to her or even dare try telling her what she should do to her hair or body or whatever? No you wouldn't so why is it OK for her to do that to you?. I've tried way to much to accept this girl for you even when she's done nothing but be a control freak or not even be 100% committed to you or fuck you around. I don't know how I can continue to keep our friendship going when all we do is row about her , I always thought of you like family to me, in fact I care so much about you its insane. I would do anything for you , I would never want to lose you or have anything between us wrecked because your the closest person I've ever had to family which isn't 100% blood that I trust with my whole life. I just can't stand hearing anything more about her when it's just wrong. I believe you deserve someone who would move heaven and earth to be with you for whoever you decide to be . I'm sorry if I wreck everything between us but you deserve better than what your receiving and you most certainly deserve better than *removed* even if it takes nearly your whole life to find it. I can't do this anymore, I'm sorry."
I don't know what to do now, I haven't heard from her for a few days and this is the worst we have fought in 5 years.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: best friend/ girlfriend problem - October 13th 2016, 05:43 PM

Hey Elizabeth,

I'm sorry you have been put in such an awkward position. I think you need to do what makes you happy. Friends aren't always going to like your partners, and I think it is only natural for friends to be protective and want the best for your friend.
I would think about the comments your friend is making about your girlfriend. Is she speaking the truth or is it a case of misunderstandings? I think you need to think about whether your relationship is a good one, a healthy one. If your friend has a point then maybe you need to rethink things.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gothic Wolf Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11 Points: 6,047, Level: 11

Re: best friend/ girlfriend problem - October 13th 2016, 06:19 PM

She is telling it as it is, but I don't want to break up with my girlfriend, mostly because we just talk on Facebook so it would be a lot of work for little result.
Closed Thread