TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
epaw0731 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation I dont belive in god - March 23rd 2017, 02:16 AM

So i have never believed in god because i am an atheist and that is what i believe. The problem here is that i live in North Carolina, and in NC everybody is christian. I cant go around telling my new friends that i cant go to Christ club because im an atheist or that i dont have a church etc. I only tell the people who i trust after a earlier incident in 2nd grade. So i was in the cafeteria and told some of my friends after they asked. They started to whisper and then some girl told me that i would die a slow painful death and would burn in hell. So back to the present, today at lunch i decided to tell some of the friends who i trust.Everyone kind of stared at me funny and one girl asked why. I explained that i believe in facts and i believe it if i see kind of thing. Another girl; said, " The bible is proof" and i had to explain to her the same thing. I just feel like i made a mistake and that i will kind of be the outcast now.I just dont understand why we cant all treat each other the same even if we believe something differently!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Hello, autumn.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I dont belive in god - March 23rd 2017, 03:48 PM

I don't understand why different beliefs change how people treat each other, either. Religious beliefs shouldn't get in the way of how we treat other people and the fact that you feel that way is a good thing.

Telling your friends you don't believe in god despite having negative experiences with that in the past must have taken a lot of courage. Unfortunately, you can't control other people and they will react the way they do. You can't change that. I hope your friends are still nice to you despite having different beliefs. I know that religious faith is important to many people but I hope it doesn't get in the way of your friendships.

Perhaps you can talk to your friends and tell them how you feel. You can explain what you talked about here; that you feel everyone should be treated the same even if they have different religious beliefs.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Autumn nurtures my soul.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: I dont belive in god - March 23rd 2017, 05:52 PM

I'm sorry you had this experience and that your friends didn't take it well when you told them your beliefs. Everyone deserves to practice whatever religion they believe, or if they don't, to not practice one. In some places it is harder than in others to be accepted for this and I'm really sorry you've had a few negative experiences. However, I do think it was the right thing to talk to your friends about it and I think it could be helpful to pursue it further and tell them how this makes them feel. You are not less of a person or less than them because you don't believe in God. You can still be a good person and a good friend and believe different things. I think you should tell them that and let them know that you don't want to be treated differently just because you believe in something different from them.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I dont belive in god - March 25th 2017, 10:45 AM

I don't believe in god either.

Then I discovered this freed me to seek out what I do believe in.

Now I say I'm not a Christian, but my religious friends say I'm the most Christian person they've ever met!

(Jesus wasn't a Christian either. He was a Jew. Actually Jesus never existed. The whole story is a myth. Jesus's ministry is said to take one year. Jesus starts by visiting John the baptist who baptises with water. Then Jesus moves on and visits two fishermen. Eventually there's this feast, the last supper, then Jesus dies, and is resurrected 3 days later. There the story abruptly ends.

The whole story parallels the story of the sun and its annual travel through the zodiac, starting with Aquarius (John the baptist), then Aquarius goes below the horizon (is put into prison) and the sun moves on to Pisces the 2 fish (Jesus visits two fishermen). The sun later crosses the milky way, that band of stars that looks like a lake or river, (Jesus walks on water), the last supper is thanksgiving, and then the days get short and cold, the sun figuratively dies on the winter solstice, Dec. 22, the shortest day of the year, only to be reborn or resurrected 3 days later, on Christmas day, which is the first day we can notice that the sun has risen 1/10th of a degree farther north, signifying that spring and summer will come again.

That's why the Jesus story abruptly ends there. Because the story is circular, like the endless seasons of the year. Go back to the beginning and the story begins anew, just as the year begins anew.

More can be found at http://solarmythology.com

Also the 1829 book by former reverend Robert Taylor titled The Diegesis. And books by recent scholar Acharya S.

Yes the story is a myth. But people wrote it because it's about life. Food is life. The sun makes food grow. (Actually the story was stolen from Egypt. The story existed eons before the alleged time of Jesus. The early Christians had a hard time explaining why their religion was so similar to other older religions, yet they claimed their religion was the true religion and all the other similar older religions were false religions. Their explanation was it was the work of the devil. Then they went around killing everyone who disagreed.)

Oh here's the !ink I was looking for earlier:
http://solarmythology.com/lessons/christ2002.htm
That's a good condensed version of the explanation.

With that secret knowledge maybe you too can become the non-Christian who is so kind and loving that Christians will say you are the most Christian person they've ever met.

Closed Thread