TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me... - June 11th 2017, 08:43 AM

Hi, I'm a 13 year old and I'm having real problems everywhere, at home, at school, literally, EVERYWHERE.. I feel like no one care about me, at home, my parents are always having a conflict with each other, my dad's has so many fairs with other woman, and my mom checks his phone when he's not looking and that makes my mom so sad, and my dad has serious anger issues, where we have to listen to him or he just starts hitting us and yelling really loud, its just really unpleasant.. my mom hates my father but then she says she only stays because of me and my little sister, but then just because of my dad, my mom won't let me hang out with my friends, or do anything a normal teenager would do, she treats me like a 8 year old boy and I hate it, I don't even have a phone, I CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE MY OWN HAIRCUT, I've spoken to my mom about this and she always says 'I can't do anything with your dad, so please understand what I'm going through' I mean, I can understand her situation BUT that doesn't mean she should affect my teenage life because of that stupid thing! And in school, I'm always made fun of for no goddamn reason. I don't know why, I don't talk with people much, I have a few friends but then they never help me when I'm being made fun of, I take martial arts but then I don't want to kick their ass because I would get in trouble and my mom would be more upset, sometimes she cries because of the problems... It's just depressing, my dad so not friendly with me, when ever I say something, he always discourages me and stuff, and also my parents and my 8 year old sister bully me AT HOME, by that I mean, they make fun of how I look, how I do things, AND EVERYTHING, I had a girlfriend but then she changed school and we broke up... I feel so bad for my life, I don't have control over anything at home... I wish I could just move out with some of my mates at school... Please help me, I'm so desperate right now...

We all have issues.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Help me... - June 12th 2017, 12:10 PM

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing this. You said you talked to your mom and she said that she can't do anything without your father. Maybe you could try talking to her again and tell her what you told us: that you don't feel like what your parents are going through should be allowed to impact certain things of your life, such as choosing how you'd like your hair to be cut. Perhaps you could also talk to your mom about how your sister is making you feel.

Is there anyone at school you trust? Maybe a teacher or a counselor? Seeing the school counselor if you're able to could be a helpful support. A school counselor could help you get things off your chest and offer different advice about how to cope with what you're going through.

You said you want to move out; maybe you could find more reasons to be out of the house if your parents let you. For instance, you could join extracurricular activities. You could volunteer, or go outside and take a walk when things seem overwhelming.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help me... - June 13th 2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
I am sorry to hear you're experiencing this. You said you talked to your mom and she said that she can't do anything without your father. Maybe you could try talking to her again and tell her what you told us: that you don't feel like what your parents are going through should be allowed to impact certain things of your life, such as choosing how you'd like your hair to be cut. Perhaps you could also talk to your mom about how your sister is making you feel.

Is there anyone at school you trust? Maybe a teacher or a counselor? Seeing the school counselor if you're able to could be a helpful support. A school counselor could help you get things off your chest and offer different advice about how to cope with what you're going through.

You said you want to move out; maybe you could find more reasons to be out of the house if your parents let you. For instance, you could join extracurricular activities. You could volunteer, or go outside and take a walk when things seem overwhelming.
I've tried to tell people but.. they really don't seem trust worthy and.. I feel like its something personal and.. yeah.. I'm so glad am able to explain here anonymously because... I'm a really shy kid in real life.. I have talked to my mom again, and she somewhat understood what I was saying.. .and she said she'll think about it!! Anyway, thanks for the advice's Cassado!

We all have issues.

Closed Thread