TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Getting Pissed/Depressed - July 12th 2017, 07:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

As the title says, I'm getting pretty pissed off lately for some reasons and its making me really depressed. I don't really know where am suppose to put this topic so, feel free to move it if its in the wrong place. So my parents don't allow me to hang out with my friends, and that really really pisses the shit out of me, the more I think about it, I want to kill my self, while most of my friends spend the summer vacation together and all of that, I literally spend half of my day at home doing the really basic stuff. I don't know to explain this to my parents but its seriously unfair, I would kill to be able to hang out with my friends, they're really good people and pretty much all I can depend on... And not being able to do that is seriously stupidly unfair. I've tried explaining to my parents in every possible way, all they can say is "No, (insert reason)" and that really makes me sad, I mean, in another few years I won't be able to do all of this shit, and as I progress in school I'll get more tempted to hang out with people.. Or else I'm going to be an unsociable bastard when I'm old.. It really makes me so so so unbelievably sad that I can't hang out with my friends, while children who are 5 years younger than me ARE ALLOWED TO GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WITH THEIR FRIENDS!! like seriously insane, its either my parents has a problem with not trusting me, or I just don't know how to prove my self.. Is there anything I can do about? Or do I just wait? I wouldn't want to sneak out of the house by any chance because, they'll just take away more and more of my freedom, I could also just go out and meet up with my friends but if they find out I'm sued. So.. What do I do? How do I explain this to my parents..? Please feel free to give any advice you guys can think of, it will be very much appreciated..

Thanks!

We all have issues.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Getting Pissed/Depressed - July 16th 2017, 05:33 PM

Anyone? Please?
This is just getting worse day by day, they're taking all my independence, I just can't take it anymore, I've been like this for the past year and now I'm come to an end of my patience, I can't do anything, I don't know what to do, all I can think of is just sneaking out my house but I'm going to get seriously sued and I will never ever be able to get out of the house on my own..

We all have issues.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Getting Pissed/Depressed - July 16th 2017, 07:52 PM

Hey there,

Sorry for the late reply! I'm also moving this to Friends and Family as I feel it fits a bit better there and I hope you get more help!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel depressed because of the lack of freedom to be with friends. It sounds like you have already tried talking to your parents, but I'm wondering if there is any way you can try to compromise with them? For example, if your parents don't want you hanging out friends at certain places, offer to hang out with them nearer to your home, or even in your home (especially if this gives your parents a chance to get to know your friends)? Or if your friends hang out late, then perhaps try to make a deal with them that you leave earlier to get home? You can also suggest doing planned activities like laser tag, cinema, sports so that your parents trust that you are doing these things and not out causing trouble etc. if you feel they don't trust you.

I'm curious as to why you think that in another few years, you won't be able to hang out with friends. School does get more demanding, but it doesn't mean you wont have time/will be too old or anything. It's healthy to balance school work and a social life. And even if you don't get the chance right now, it doesn't mean it will always be this way or that you'll be a loner in the future.

If you're 13, then your parents may be struggling to deal with the fact that you're a teenager and wanting more independence. They may feel that you're still quite young and may worry about what you and your friends might get up to when out. There's a good chance that it's not a case of your parents not trusting you personally, but more of their own fears.

I wouldn't sneak out seeing as that may cause more conflict between you and your parents.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread