TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pastelfukuro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,360, Level: 8 Points: 3,360, Level: 8 Points: 3,360, Level: 8

A 12 year old dating a 15 year old online? - July 14th 2017, 05:19 AM

So I've found this person online and I've really enjoyed my time with him. He's really nice to be around and he's not sketchy.
But when I first met him I was rather concerned about revealing my age to him since he was a 15 year old and I'm a 12 year old. I'm quite mature for my age though, so when he and his friends met me they all thought I was 14. When they started jumping to conclusions we were both shipped with each other by his friends, which led me to gradually develop some feelings for him. At that point I was really nervous to tell him my age, but I finally got the guts to do it. He was a little surprised but his view of me didn't change which I was quite happy about.
It turns out that he has feelings for me. We discussed it and I was explaining that this realationship would probably be judged a lot and be quite creepy in other people's perspective. I ended the subject by saying that I'd decide in the next couple days, but he's now asking for an answer.
I've been trying to decide for the last 3 days and I've had no luck. Really, I want to give in and be with him but at the same time I feel as though this is wrong. I understand that realationships usually matter the most on how mature each partner is, and although I can guarantee you that we are both equally mature, I'm still a little concerned about our age gap. Can someone please help me find an answer? I apologize about how rushed this is. I would've explained in greater detail but unfortunately I don't have the time.

Last edited by pastelfukuro; July 14th 2017 at 05:27 AM. Reason: To add something I forgot
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: A 12 year old dating a 15 year old online? - July 14th 2017, 08:57 AM

Hey there,

This really has to be your decision to make - none of us here can tell you what's the right or wrong thing to do. From your post alone, I can tell you're really mature for your age and I believe you can make the right choice. Age honestly doesn't matter that much and it's only a three year difference tbh.

If you think going into this relationship is a good idea, then do it. If not, then don't. Regardless, relationships rarely last forever at this age so it's not like you can't ever get out of a bad decision if being with him does turn out to be one.

Hope this helped somewhat (sorry it was quite inconclusive but I really think this should be your own decision!),

and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk,

Kyra xx
Closed Thread