TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Should consider online dating dating sites etc? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t152134-should-consider-online-dating-dating-sites-etc/)

bringmethehorizon♥ July 13th 2017 03:48 PM

Should consider online dating dating sites etc?

I do not want to come across as desperate because I am far from that I am not to bothered by being single in fact I like it. The main issue is I feel that I am 20 almost 21 in November and I have never had a relationship. I would like someone I can spend time with and have fun with. I know a lot of people I know are in relationships not all of them but a lot of people.

I am not asking to suddenly find a girlfriend out of magic like right now I would not want to be single forever but what I am asking is how do I get more involved with people from the opposite sex? Not even to date them maybe even just friends like I said I am in no rush I just wish I was meeting more people from the opposite sex. I have lost a handful of friends I guess as you get older you see who really cares about you.

I have one friend though and we try to go out every 2 to 4 weeks we sometimes go to night clubs or go to a bar for a drink although I have not been to a club in god knows how long. Which made me lead to think am I putting myself out there enough? I don't feel as if I am putting myself out there enough to meet new people like I said not just girlfriends even new people I can be friendly with.

Thank you.

Everglow. July 13th 2017 10:36 PM

Re: Should consider online dating dating sites etc?

Hey,

I think if you'd like to put yourself out there more you should! I know a lot of people who do use internet dating apps and sites who have found them really successful, especially because it's up to you to talk to people for as long as you like before deciding if you'd like to meet up. That being said, other people I know have had less luck, so it can go both ways, but if you're thinking of giving it a go I think you definitely could just to see whether you like it or not!

Otherwise, maybe you could suggest your friend bringing along other friends of theirs on your nights out. A good way to meet new people is by getting to know mutual friends, so you can expand your social network that way too.

I hope this helps!

bringmethehorizon♥ July 14th 2017 01:37 PM

Hi hollie

Thank you for the response.

DeletedAccount69 July 17th 2017 04:22 AM

Hey,

I used online dating and ended up finding my boyfriend. It did take about a year of online dating before I found him but the dates with the other guys I met helped me grow. So, I think that you should definitely look into online dating as long as you are aware of the risks and take precautions (when you first meet up with someone you should consider only meeting in public and if possible let someone know where you are going to be). I do know that there are also fake accounts online but if you can weed through everything it can end up being a great experience.

One thing though, I have heard this from both men and woman, is that people online tend to want to rush into things. So, I would advise that you take time to really get to know someone instead of rushing into it or let the other person rush you into anything.

There are numerous dating apps you can use. I prefer some over others and I hope you will end up finding an app that works well for you.