TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jadagrace24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jada

my little sisters and bother are so ANNOYING! - November 12th 2017, 05:11 AM

Hi I have two little sisters and a little brother. They are 5, 4 and 3. And yes I know that they are little kids and blah blah blah, but they ACT like they are about 1-2. And they get away with everything!
1. The 5 and 4 year olds were in my room playing with my stuff and messing with it. I told them to get out, and they BIT me. HARD. So I pushed one of them a little bit(not much). And then they went crying to mommy. So my mom yelled at ME. She didn't even give them a time out, she yelled at me. I literally hardly touched them. I just pressed on her back a little bit.
2. I got clothes from MY friends for MY birthday. I got a really cool hat, a backpack and some ankle bracelets. So then apparently my mom decided it wasn't fair to the other kids. So she gave my 3 year old brother MY backpack, and my little sisters each got an ankle bracelet. I just got the hat.
3. I had to babysit them, and one of them passed gas (idk wich one). When my mom got home they all said "Jada said we're not cute! Then she farted on us!" I tried to explain I DIDN'T, but my mom said "I don't wanna hear it, Jada!" And grounded me.
4. She always calls my siblings "baby" or "prince/princess". They always say " were the cute babies and Jada is the meanie!" I never got called that when I was 3/4/5 or even 2, and I wouldn't say that.
5. One of them found my phone and hid it, And my mom said "when it turns up ur not gettin it bac".
Thx for the help guys.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: my little sisters and bother are so ANNOYING! - November 12th 2017, 09:57 AM

well i havent A been a babysitter B had much younger siblings or C been a young parent so i won't say i've been there, but i've noticed an obvious favouritism with other people ~(rather than me) so they could do the same thing and get a different reaction then I would

and some people just think the older one who gets the responsibility must always take the blame when thats hardly true (not every time anyway!)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: my little sisters and bother are so ANNOYING! - November 12th 2017, 02:10 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp we are so glad that you have joined

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. It's hard when you are the oldest and you're younger siblings are a lot younger than you and they are always getting what they want and taking all of you're stuff and it can get frustrating. Because you want to keep you're stuff nice in you're room and they are always grabbing it and not treating it very nicely. I am sorry that you're mom gave you're birthday things to them, can you try talking to her and letting her know that when it's everyone's birthday they will get something and you would like you're backpack and the bracelets back if you can. Also when someone gives you something try to put it in you're room so that they can't get it, you're closet or a top shelf, hopefully this can help you. When you are the oldest sibling you're parents are going to ask you to do things that the young siblings are not going to do until they are old enough, like babysitting is one of them. I know that because my sister is older than me and my sister and she had to always babysit my younger sister and I so I understand what you are saying. Can you try talking with you're mom and saying can you let me go out with my friends and have someone else babysit them and then I will do it on this day so that you are breaking it up and it's not always on you or see if you can have a friend come over and help you.
I hope that you will be ok soon. Lots of Hugs.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: my little sisters and bother are so ANNOYING! - November 12th 2017, 08:49 PM

Hey Jada, Im really sorry this is happening. I am actually most upset at your mom for the favoritism and everything else she does or doesn't do. She is sending them the message that it is okay to bother u ou. And it isn't okay.

However, they ARE pretty young and doing what gets a reaction from you and/or your mom. Plus, it probably feels good to be in a group and to pick on "an outsider"
I can see how frustrating this is for you, and probably feeling so helpless because you're not their mother and they're getting away with things.

Yes they're young, but even young kids can understand basic redpect. It is hard with 3 of them at the same time bothering you all at once. But i think if you can talk to one of them at a time and kind of prepare what you're going to say, it might help a bit. Part of their power comes when there are 3 of them, and only one of you.
I would start out by describing the situation a bit. Ask them to tell you what are some of their favorite things in their own bedroom. And then bring it back to your room and say "x item really meant a lot to me" I feel so sad that you broke x item and that you messed up y item"
Tell them that your bedroom is only for you to go there and that they are not allowed in unless you tell them they can.
You can acknowkedge thst they mightve been curious, excited, or bored. But that next time they are feeling that way, that they can play a game and wait till you come home and thrn ASK you if they can see a specific item or borrow. Also they're all at an age where they can at least -help- you re-order your room. Tell them that because they've messed your room they will have to help you put it back together.

I know you're not their mother, but I think as an older sinking and a babysitter, it is fair to tell them they're gonna have to help you clean up your room.

Try to think of natural consequences when it comes to things they do, as misbehavior.
With things they say, that get to your mother and get you gtounded. That might be better to discuss it with her in private.

You are also not obligated to babysit these children. Your mother can hire a babysitter. She is using you as it is, and as a sibling surely you want to help but you don't deserve to be miserable for it.
Tell her that next time you're grounded or punished unfairly due to your siblings that you will not babysit them. That seems reasonable in my eyes. You don't have to be around people who treat you unfairly, let alone do a free service. A paid babysitter would not put up with torment.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jadagrace24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jada

Re: my little sisters and bother are so ANNOYING! - November 13th 2017, 03:28 AM

OK thanks so much everyone I will try all those tips in order

Closed Thread