TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nika_714 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nika

Im so nervous - December 5th 2017, 12:46 AM

My bus driver decided to make assigned seats on the bus and he had this great idea of making me sit next to my crush. Like I said before me and my crush text a lot but we barely talk. I'm mostly nervous because of the small accent that I have, people say its cute but i don't get it. To me i sound restarted and that is why I'm so nervous. What if he will think I'm weird or Crazy. I also struggle with self image and stuff like that. I just feel that I'm too ugly and weird and it will all reflect on me tomorrow when we get our assigned seats. I know this is pretty stupid. I'm just really nervous and I don't know what to do. I don't want to seem weird or nerdy or shy. I usually am not shy around guys but with him I am just not myself.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Hello, autumn.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Im so nervous - December 5th 2017, 01:01 PM

It must be hard to be yourself around your crush if you’re nervous to be around him. One thing to think about is that your accent is a part of you and it doesn’t matter what other people think of it. If he likes your accent that’s awesome but if he doesn’t appreciate it then there’s nothing you can do and it doesn’t reflect poorly on either one of you.

This must be nerve wracking for you but something to consider is re-framing your thoughts so you can think of this more of an opportunity to get to know him and be around him since he is important to you. you can do this!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Autumn nurtures my soul.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Im so nervous - December 5th 2017, 06:26 PM

i'm nervous a lot when talking to someone but as for yourself, it really isn't fair or helpful to be put with him like that. What's wrong with all these people who think things like ohh won't this be nice for them? but in truth they have it so wrong

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Im so nervous - December 6th 2017, 04:45 PM

Hello!

Maybe this might be an opportunity to get closer to him.. but also be careful as he may or may not be one of those guys who flirts around with girls and plays with their hearts.Perhaps maybe just take things as the come and let things happen naturally ( he might be feeling the same way too, you never know ) You're definitely not ugly because no one is. This is not stupid either.. everyone has encountered this at some point.

It'll be okay. Just stay away from him if he's a flirt.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread