TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Should i get rid of my friend - February 28th 2018, 05:09 PM

Friend... I am going to use that term lightly.

The years I have been his friend he always lays me down for example if I get a new tattoo thats so shit ( when it's actually really good) He also says oh you will never get in to a relationship no one would date you. He always blames me for things which are his fault. Example of this once he promised to take me to the train station after we had lunch together on my birthday he payed for it which I was very thankful for. Then he just told me he wasn't gonna drive me to the train station and just drove home... and I was stranded and could not get home. HE BLAMED ME

I feel that he also lays me down to make him feel better about himself because he hasn't got a girlfriend or anything and he always lays me down and I think it's to make himself feel better about himself? I reckon hes pretty insecure he has even told me im not good looking before.
Don't get me wrong he has put my money in my birthday cards and stuff which was nice when we were good friends but now I feel like is he worth my time?

I have blocked him from texting me just because I can not deal with his shit. I feel the only reasonI still talk to him is because I don't have anyone else but if he makes me feel this shit then I would rather be alone. He also moans about me behind my back!

Last edited by bringmethehorizon♥; February 28th 2018 at 05:30 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Should i get rid of my friend - March 1st 2018, 02:00 AM

Hey there,

It is possible that your friend is trying to bring you down because he feels badly about himself. There are times when people treat their friend's this way because they are feeling so low about themselves. I think that it was a good idea to block him. Maybe after you have cooled off you can write down the things you are feeling and send it to him via text or email. If he ends up not changing his behavior than it is likely that this friendship is not healthy and the best thing you can do is walk away permanently. I know losing friends when you don't have a lot can be difficult but in my experience it is more difficult to stay friends with someone who is not kind.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Should i get rid of my friend - March 1st 2018, 10:47 PM

Hi,

As it has been said it is possible that your friend is putting you down because he feels poorly about himself. It seems like he is projecting his feelings about himself onto you and that is unfair to you.

You mentioned that he's put money into your birthday cards and such and it is awesome that you appreciate it but know that you don't have to stay in a friendship just because of that. Good friendships are priceless and it unfortunately doesn't seem like you're in a good friendship.

Whether you leave this friend is ultimately up to you but hopefully you come to a decision that is best for you.

Feel free to keep us updated.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread