TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Peer Pressure and Bullying (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/)
-   -   Bullied and long time no Relationship (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/t155795-bullied-long-time-no-relationship/)

guyvanvolen May 4th 2018 10:55 PM

Bullied and long time no Relationship

Hi, my name is Guy, I'm 19 years old, I'm from The Netherlands, and I have a little bit autism.

When I was 12, I was living at the children institution for 5 months and I was bullied there by 2 boys. One boy always wanna kick my ass, punch my face and I was scared. and the other boy was taunting me. and on the period on Dutch High School, I was provoked by nasty boys that always says that I'm gay, I never get a girlfriend, and all the Dutch are welcome in the USA but not me.

And since my 13th age, I never have a relationship anymore. A lot of times I think that the Dutch girls been negative. But I have always been interested to have a relationship with an American girl (just like on Penpal sites or something else), but they're not interested or they don't like me, because I live so far in the west of Europe.

So any tips to make American friends / have a relationship with an American girl? or what should I do against the haters?

hocus pocus May 7th 2018 01:57 PM

Re: Bullied and long time no Relationship

It must have been really difficult to be bullied like you were. That is unfortunate but it is good that you have made it out on the other side of what you experienced.

It's awesome that you're interested in starting a relationship. Know that someone who truly matters won't mind where you're from. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

I don't really think there are any particular tips specific to befriending an American. Just be yourself. Don't hide who you are to impress someone. Being yourself is so much easier.

By the haters, do you mean the people who don't want to go out with you because of where you're from? It might help to just bow out gracefully, you know? At the end of the day, people like that don't really matter and being upset is completely valid but it can be draining.

*CherryBomb* May 9th 2018 10:52 PM

Re: Bullied and long time no Relationship

Hi Guy, this is why I joined here to try to lend an ear or even try to give advice to those who have been bullied.

A little background of who I am first. My name is Madi and I am 18 years old and in my last year of high school in America. Ever since the 6th grade I was one of the girls who felt the need to bully and tease other girls who I didn't feel met my standards. It wasn't until recently when a speaker came to my school and spoke on the subject of bullying others that it hit home to me and I was doing something horrible all those years to these other girls. I tried to make amends with these girls and some accepted it and others just blew me off as I deserved. Now I am here to try to lend some advice or just to lend an ear to those being bullied.

One little bit of advice I can tell you as the girls who just ignored me and my friends who teased them it drove us crazy and eventually we got bored with those people and just left them alone. I imagine that has to be hard if you are being threatened to have your ass kicked or punched in the face. Those are things I never did. I guess guys do more violent bullying and the girls just do more mean stuff. But still if you are able ignore the bullies as it is not bothering you and I guarantee you it will be tearing them up inside because they are not getting at you. Once they see this over a period of time they will get bored with trying to do it and stop.