TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fandomqueen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Making New Friends - September 29th 2018, 02:57 AM

Recently I've realized that I have a pretty thick shell around me that I never realized was there. I'm trying to make new friends, but it's hard.

I talk to people in class and stuff, but I can be awkward and shy (sometimes I'm not). I also tend to forget people a lot, and I think I just need to start paying better attention when I talk to someone.

I want to get out of my shell and meet new people, but I can feel myself shying away from social situations. My school has a counseling and psychological service center I may go to for some help, but I would appreciate any advice you guys have.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Making New Friends - September 29th 2018, 07:05 PM

I think a good place to start is by seeing if your school has any groups that hold meetings for similar interests to that of your own. For example, if you enjoy reading and your school has a book club, you could see about joining it, since that way when you attend, you'll all have common ground on something you enjoy and a great place to start conversation.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Making New Friends - September 29th 2018, 07:24 PM

Sarah gave a good tip about joining a club your school has, if it does indeed have one. Another idea is to maybe form a study group say, for example, every Monday and Thursday afternoon. That way, in addition to helping one another out over homework assignments and projects, you are getting to know some of your classmates a little bit better.

Another idea is joining a team at your school, such as basketball or soccer. Or, to divulge deeper into Sarah's idea, form a club. It seems like you are into fandoms, so maybe join a club (or create a social media page) for something you and your classmates like. It can be a TV show, a band, an athlete, whatever. A lot of people find bonding over fandoms to be a bit superficial, and difficult to do with people they know in real life; but it's an idea!

Good luck.

Closed Thread