TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
embarr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

am i allowed to be mad about this? - June 17th 2019, 03:55 PM

okay so. when i was like seven, my parents decided they wanted to help this girl. i guess she was a teenager, i don't know how old she was. she had been kicked out by her parents and had no place to go and was a friend of my aunt's.

she seemed okay at first, a little weird, but nice. but things went downhill quickly.

she was abysmal to live with. and the fact that my parents insisted that me and my brother listen to her as if she were another adult made it worse. i didn't even know she was still a teen when she was living with us until a few years ago.

and the she had this fucking kid. she refused to take care of it herself. my parents basically raised her.

anyway, here are some things that came with the experience of having her in our house:
- she. ate. everything. every time my parents got food for the week, she'd down it all in one day and would yell and me and my brother if we tried getting to it before her. she told us that she had to have everything first because she was more important and my brother and i, being around six and seven respectfully, believed her.
- she'd beat the cat with a broom. it stressed me out to no fucking end. she honestly deserved it every single time the cat would rush out from under the table and cut up her ankles whenever she walked past it.
- one time she stripped my brother naked and locked him out of the house in the freezing cold. i dont know what else to say about this.
- she also tried locking my parents out.
- she would NOT care for her kid. she'd sleep on our fucking couch all day as her toddler had free reign of the house because me and my brother were at school and both my parents were at work. at one point, we came home from school and her kid had taken her diaper off and was playing in her own shit. she even got out a bunch of my toys and ruined them. what was her mother doing? sleeping on the couch. and don't get me started on all the times we got lice and pink eye because of her.
- she SMASHED OUR BATHROOM WINDOW. did she pay for it? no. did she get punished for it? no.
- she'd trash the house. or she'd let her kid do it.

she never paid any fucking rent. she was a GUEST.

whenever i'd defy her, i'd get yelled at by my dad. i hated her so fucking much.

and guess what???? when i got older, years after she was kicked out and finally left us the fuck alone, whenever i'd do something to marginally displease my dad, he'd say that i'm just like her. i'm just like her and i'm never gonna be anything good. thanks, dad. happy fucking father's day.

i remember when she finally left us alone. as much as i was happy, i was furious that i had to give up so much of my childhood trying to babysit her stupid ass. at one point she had gotten her kid a porcelain piggy bank. it was inevitable that her kid would swipe it off the table and shatter it all over the carpet, and when she did, her mother grabbed the garbage can and started throwing the shards directly in it. i ran and grabbed a plastic bag leftover from the store and tried to get her to put the shards in it. she pushed me away and i was like "you know what we're not doing this today" and let her carry on. a few days later my mom was taking out the trash and cut her hand on the shards. i told her what happened and she was livid that a 1st grader had more presence of mind than this young adult.

i CANNOT continue on feeling as though i'm not allowed to be upset for having been exposed to this level of dumb fuckery at such a young age. my dad is always like "she was just a kid!!" when i express my distain for her and, idk man, but i dont think that kind of behavior is acceptable no matter your age. especially considering how everything i ever do wrong, whether it genuinely be a big deal or not, is the end of the fucking world to my dad. i'm a bad person and i'll be a good one because i dropped a glass and it broke.

someone tell me this shit ain't normal. jesus fucking christ

"If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat, even if people think it is a grass in the beginning."
Vincent Van Gogh

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Re: am i allowed to be mad about this? - June 20th 2019, 04:49 AM

You're allowed to be mad about this. To be honest, I'd be pretty mad too, if I were in your shoes.
While its nice your parents took in the girl, she certainly crossed too many lines. I'm sorry you had to deal with her and the trouble she brought. While, "she was just a kid", she had a kid to care for and around teen years, people generally start caring for themselves and boundaries have to be enforced. So, no. That's an unreasonable explanation.

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

Closed Thread