TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bill Mather
Average Joe

Name: Bill Mather

Why do I feel like this? - June 3rd 2009, 03:05 AM

I found out about TH when I first went to a therapist. He gave me a number for the crisis hotline. I thought that that was stupid, so then I found this. Now that school is over and everyone has gone their separate ways, I feel like there is no one here for me. I now feel that TH is all I have. Like it is my friends and family. There is no longer 50 people texting me on a regular basis, now I am looking on here. Is everything that is happening okay? Am I just loosing friends? What is wrong?

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT IS AROUND THE CORNER IF YOU NEVER GO AROUND THE CORNER
  Send a message via AIM to Music is my Life  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Why do I feel like this? - June 3rd 2009, 03:27 PM

There's nothing you can do, people tend to just drift apart after school (its happening to me aswell in some sense) but you can try and text them once in awhile and see if you can meet up?

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Why do I feel like this? - June 3rd 2009, 09:26 PM

Hi Bill,

It's completely normal at this time of year for everyone to get a bit lazy when it comes to contacting people and just drift for a while. Also, summer can be a busy time for some people- they go on holiday, have jobs, go to camps, work. There could be a number of reasons for why they aren't keeping up contact right now.

All the same, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't keep up the contact. If you want to hang out with your friends, then take initiative! Give them a call or text them to see when they are available. Chances are, they probably think you're busy right now too!

I think it's great that you are enjoying the TH forums so much. It really is an awesome place to make friends and spend some time. Keep in mind that we always support you on here, so don't go worrying yourself that no one is there Anytime you need to talk, don't hesitate to come on.

I hope you are able to spend some time with your friends this summer, and that you continue to find TH as a supportive place.

Take care!

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread