TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe

Name: olivia

Do I just have a short fuse? - June 8th 2009, 04:03 PM

So my sister's friend is extraordinarily irritating to me.
Everything my sister says, she agrees blindly and wholeheartedly.
Now, this is no issue except for when my mother [who has psychiatric problems] pleas on the phone for us to come visit her and my sister is like, "No, then it'll waste the entire day...it's still noon." and her little friend chirps up, "Oh yeah, it IS only noon." I just want to look at said friend and be like, "Shut-up."

Unfortunately, also, she is allowed to sleep over a lot, so I have to deal with her. >_<

Or when I'm like, "I don't think it's safe to walk in the dark...around the streets and stuff.." My sister says, "But we want to see the sun set!!" and the friend says, "Yeah! Sun sets at 8:30!!" o_0

My sister is also a year younger than me. 15.

Live and let live.

Last edited by <:3 )~; June 8th 2009 at 06:11 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Do I just have a short fuse? - June 8th 2009, 10:30 PM

Hi Olivia,

I think that this is something you should really talk to your sister about. It sounds like her friend is just following her lead. It may be because her friend has nothing special to say of her own, or just wants to do what your sister wants to do.

When this comes to upsetting your mom, and safety on the streets, then I think that it needs to be made absolutely clear to your sister what is right and what is not right. Get a parent to back you up if this makes you feel uncomfortable. Let her know that your mom really likes to spend time with you and your sister and that it really hurts her feelings when your sister doesn't want to go. Just tell her that it is not 'wasting the entire day' because it's time you are spending with your mom- that is never a waste.

As for the streets, they can be dangerous at night, and that has nothing to do with when the sun sets. It can be dangerous at any time. Let her know what kind of precautions she can take and talk to your parents about a curfew.

Take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread