TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

I'm embarassed... - June 17th 2009, 05:38 AM

So day before yesterday in my tuition classes I had this arguement/debate with my one and only classmate and also (some parts) with my teacher (both of them are males and I'm the only female). Both of them together really over-powered me and angered me to a point that was unbearable.

It all started out with my classmate asking Sir if he'd seen the cricket match and Sir said no. Then I said that cricket is the most 'ghati' (which means crap and also from the mountains) game (no offence to cricket lovers). They then started sorta shouting at me about my use of the word 'ghati' because it means people who are from the mountains and my Sir is from the mountains. The I said that a word can have two meanings and he said that no it can't. And then we got into this whole arguement where no one was listening to my side properly. They also asked me a question from our History that I wasn't able to answer and because of that my class-mate said that I have no culture. Then the arguement carried on and on with no one on my side. It felt as if I was being picked upon.

Yesterday, our Sir decided to make a bet as to who could get the number of Domino's or Pizza Hut fast. So I decided to text a friend and ask him. His reply came 'who's this?'. That didn't piss me off that much because I know that his cell-phone keeps losing his contaxt but what pissed me off was that my classmate saw the reply and started teasing me about it. Even Sir joined in and both of them picked on me till the end of the lecture. This time I managed to keep my anger and listen to them in silence. But all the time I was super-embarassed.

But I wonder how long this is going to go on. I feel so shy and humiliated to go to class. And I can't even tell my sister because when I tried to she didn't even pay any attention. But I don't want to back off and be a wuss because that's not how I am. I want to be able to answer to them if they pick on me. So what should I do? Please help me.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I'm embarassed... - June 17th 2009, 09:30 PM

Hi Rudhayaini,

What your teacher and classmate are doing is bullying, plain and simple. It's not fair at all that they are treating you this way. People are allowed to have different opinions, and words can mean different things- I mean, they should pick up a dictionary every now and again to check!

Don't feel so embarrassed in front of them. I understand that they are not treating you nicely, but they are acting too low to let what they say affect you. Just ignore their words and keep your own opinion. Voicing your opinions probably will not change their mind, but if there is something you feel strongly about, then speak freely. You deserve to have a say just as much as they do.

I don't suggest showing your phone to them again. What your friends text is none of their business.

It's likely that they don't know how much their teasing is affecting you, but they are looking for a reaction. Whatever you do, don't give them one. If this continues and you think that their teasing is becoming harmful, then talk to the principal at your school. They should be informed of that kind of behaviour.

Good luck and stay strong.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rudnet Offline
~Junoon~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm embarassed... - June 18th 2009, 05:57 AM

Thanks for that. I'll try to keep a poker face.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Rudnet  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm embarassed... - June 18th 2009, 07:27 AM

If it were me, I'd tell them to quit being ******** and to STFU.

That might not be the best course of action though. A word can definitely have more than one meaning. Ever seen a dictionary?

Yes, they are bullying you. If they can't get a reaction out of you, they will stop.

Closed Thread