TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mel.x Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Best Friend :( - June 17th 2009, 03:51 PM

Sorry that this is so long..

I really dont know what to do. I have a best friend who ive been friends with for 11 years now and we've always been really close and told eachother everything. But lately shes been acting weird and being kinda horrible to me. She doesnt seem to want to do anything with me, like go out anywhere with me and I thought thats what friends are meant to do and she spends time with her other friends. She says theres things going on in her life, so I tried to ask her if she wanted to tell me and she said I wouldnt get it and that ive never been in that situation so i wouldnt understand. But she didnt even give me a chance and she doesnt wanna tell me anything but shes told one of her other friends. Im making all the effort and she isnt coz i dont wanna throw away 11 years of friendship for nothing because i know that ive done nothing wrong that could of made her act this way.
When i see her she acts off with me and keeps looking at me in a funny way. I just feel like ive done something wrong and that she doesnt like me anymore but what am i supposed to do when she wont tell me? And im sick of her being this way towards me but ive tried saying something but it doesnt seem to get me anywhere. I dont no if i should not be friends with her anymore or what but all i know is i dont want to lose her and all im trying to do is be there for her but it just seems like she doesnt even care about me anymore. I just want to sort it out.
Please help!!

Last edited by Mel.x; June 17th 2009 at 04:59 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Best Friend :( - June 17th 2009, 09:46 PM

Hi Mel,

First off, I would like to welcome you to the TeenHelp forums! My name is Nat and it's really great to meet you. I'm glad that you are looking for advice and support in this, and I'll do my best to help. If you ever have any questions about the site, or just want to talk sometime, then feel free to PM me.

You are right in saying that it seems like your friend is acting pretty odd. She does seem to be acting strangely and treating you differently. Whatever you do, don't assume that this is your fault, because it isn't. You've been doing your best to keep up the friendship and spend time with her, and that's what a good friend does.

Sometimes friends, no matter how long the friendship has lasted, grow apart from one another. Interests change and they meet new people, and sometimes they just want to grow into or act like a different person. From what it sounds like, your friend is going through this kind of change.

This doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate your friendship, and I think you should definitely keep up the relationship with her. What I think you should try to do is to meet some new people or start hanging around and getting to know some other people as well. You don't need to replace your best friend, but try to spend some time with people who will trust and appreciate you no matter what.

Keep letting your best friend know that you will always be there for her and that even though you may not have been in the same situations, you are still always there to support her and talk her through things. It may help to write her a letter letting her know how you are feeling right now and that you are worried about your friendship.

Stay strong and take care.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread