TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sasha

Post Mom - June 17th 2009, 08:37 PM

My mom is driving me nuts. I don't know how to act arround her. She do so many wierd stuff that I get embarrasd all the time, even when there are no one around. And I often get irritated at her, but I can't show it to her. Because then it will go days, even weeks till she stop talking about it. That's why I can't show I'm angry at her either. It just takes too much out of me mentally.
It's hard to be around her, she can ask the same question again and again for days, and the answer can't change. She tells me things that I'm really not comfterbal of hearing, about her illness and medicine, comparing herself with me and what I'm been going through. But she doesn't asks me if I'm really doing okay. And she have never talked to me about her illness before, not before she found out I'm struggeling, and how it affects her. She makes me feel put down a lot. Like that I never makes good decisions and that everything I do isn't good enough. She have a way of talking that always makes me guilty about something, and it's really not my fault. But it's hard for me to see it sometimes.
We don't really have a good realationship, because well I don't trust her and she have never really been there for me. I know that one of the reasons is because of her illness (she's bipolar), but it's hard to talk to a person that things you're still a four year old when you really is 19.
I just wish she was diffrent.

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Mom - June 18th 2009, 01:07 AM

Hey Sasha,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way about your mother. The best thing to do is just to explain your feelings to her in a nice way. Just tell her everything that you wrote here in this blog. You don't have to say it to her like you are mad or anything but you know just state the facts and state the way it makes you feel. Maybe she really doesn't know how her words are affecting you because you haven't told her.

Hope this helped and feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread