TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Live Laugh Love
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Unhappy How do I deal with this? *Please reply I really need help* - June 19th 2009, 07:39 PM

Ok the problem; I have 2 friends, Lisa and Charlotte (fake names) we been friends all the way through year 7 and 8. And I've been friends with Lisa in primary as well. But Charlotte has gone off with Sophie who used to bully Lisa. They hung around together today which really hurt Lisa. Lisa dosen't really forgive people easily (Family problems caused this and I don't want to go into detail) and she lost a close friend in primary so she is protective of us but not very. If it was anyone else she'd be friends with them too, but Sophie really hurt her. If Charlotte hangs round with Sophie on Monday Lisa will never let her be friends with us again.

I still like Charlotte and Lisa. I want to be friends with both, but if I go off with Charlotte then Lisa will be alone again. And if I stay friends with Lisa she will be really hurt if I hang roung with Charlotte and Sophie on some days. I don't know who to choose, they can't be friends but I still wanna be friends. they sit together in most lessons as well so they will fight and I don't know what to do???

Please help.....

Hugs to everyone

Reach for the moon,

If you fall you'll land among the stars

Last edited by XxBelieveInDreamsxX; June 20th 2009 at 06:56 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to XxBelieveInDreamsxX  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: How do I deal with this? - June 19th 2009, 10:31 PM

I think it is wonderful that you are trying to be friends to both these girls and consider their feelings. You seem like a really good friend.
While Lisa needs support, it isn't fair to you that you can't hang out with someone else. If Lisa brings up the fact that you were hanging out with Charlotte you can explain to her that you want to be friends with both of them. It isn't fair to put you in the middle and make you choose. Support Lisa and listen to her, but at the same time, let her know that you would like to be friends with other people.
Good luck! PM me anytime.

Closed Thread