TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

My friends frustrate me so much sometimes. - June 24th 2009, 11:46 PM

For example earlier, one of my closest friends had text me inviting me to the pub earlier this evening, i thought we were going to make a bit of a night out of it so i said yes, and took my last tenner out of my bank account on the way. It took me 40minutes to get there instead of the usual 10-15 due to traffic and stuff, i was already slightly annoyed by this. So i get there half an hour late and the four people who were invited were already there. 2 of them turn around and say that they're going to the gym after they had finished their drinks, and the other two are going for a meal and then to the cinema after they had finished their second drink. So i was sitting there, slightly annoyed that they hadn't told me it was only going to be a brief meeting and thinking "what was the point in me coming out".

I mean i suppose the fact that it took me so long to get there in the first place didn't help, but it's always nice to be told when they're pairing off and doing their own thing shortly after i get there, i was expecting a night to be made of it and spending at least a couple of hours there because that's usually what happens when we go to the pub and what not. I suppose i just felt like the third wheel.

Not only that but sometimes i feel like they're trying to control me, and change my decisions to suit them. I don't know what it is though, i mean i'm probably making them sound like the worst friends in the world in this post but honestly, they're not. It's just sometimes it's like they can't understand when someone has a different opinion to theirs. Like if someone likes a type of music that they don't like that makes it 'shit music' just because they don't like it. If they don't find someone attractive but someone else does then that makes that person ugly. They're just a bit judgmental on occasion and i like to think i'm quite the opposite (even though i do admit, have and still do have a tendency to be a little judgmental on occasion).

They want me to go out clubbing tomorrow night but i'm really not in the mood, i do like to go clubbing but not every week like they do, i've been the past 2 weeks and this week i just don't feel like it nor can i afford it. Thing is i feel like i should go because one of my friends turned 18 last Sunday and its her first time going out properly. Also i've received another offer from another group of friends i hang out with occasionally and my boyfriend to go to the pub with them, i would much rather go with them. I won't spend as much money and i have to be home early because i have to get up early on friday anyway.

I'm not really sure what the point in this post is, i'm just feeling a little frustrated and worn out by some of my friends right now and i'm not entirely sure why. Sometimes i just feel like they take our friendship for granted and then they complain when i'm not there, has anyone else ever felt this way?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
רִבְקָה Offline
Confuzzled Teen
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rebekah

Re: My friends frustrate me so much sometimes. - June 25th 2009, 05:27 AM

It's not just you. I have felt exactly the same, except with different situations. You with the clubbing and pub issue and me with the bunking classes and going out issues.

If your friends act like this you should just be honest and tell them. It's really hard to do, and sometimes it un-pleasant, but in the long run it usually works out for the best. if they are really your friends they will understand and listen to what you have to say. Usually we expect them to know how we feel because they are our friends, but people just dont notice anymore. Myself included.

Also, there are people who are very judgemental about things like music and looks. Maybe even everybody is, just at different levels. It's nothing to worry about because its a minor thing that everyone does. even though it can be annoying and frustrating the best thing to do is ignore it, because most likly at some point you will do the same thing without realising.

And dont worry about not knowing the point of posting. I do exactly the same thing on my blog, it's just nice to get it out there.
Hope everything works out

Closed Thread