TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toxictragedy__ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel like I'm losing my best friend... - January 17th 2009, 10:58 AM

my best friend lives all the way across the country because i had to move. and i liked this guy who i became friends with here at my school last year and then after i became friends with his gf and then they broke up, i started telling people i didnt like him anymore but i really do. and somehow my best friend ended up talking to him on myspace and she got his number and txts him all the time and i cant remember if i was the one who gave it to her or not. anyways, he has a gf but he flirts with my best friend all the time and he tells her he loves her and calls her babe and says that if she lived here he would date her and my best friend pretty much only ever talks about him. she talks to him more than me now. we used to txt each other 24/7 and now she like just randomly stops in the middle of our conversations and she acts so different and i feel her slipping away even though she tells me we'll always be best friends no matter what happens but i dont know how to talk to her about it. i tell her i dont like him anymore but then i complain to my other friends that hes off limits to her and she should know that because i liked him first and shes never even met him. she tells me she hates him but she has bulletins and msgs that prove otherwise. and its killing me because i dont know what to do about it. im afraid if i talk to either of them about it they'll tell me im just over reacting. and i dont want her to get hurt because one of my other friends got close with a guy too far away for him to be with [hes gay] and when they stopped talking and stuff it hurt him really bad. what should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Re: I feel like I'm losing my best friend... - January 17th 2009, 11:44 AM

I can understand how this must feel for you to feel like you're losing your best friend, espcially in the circumstances it's happening. Int he end, even though this guy is someone you like, if she thinks that you don't like him anymore, it is fair game, in her eyes- although she still shouldn't ignore you as much. In the end, the fact she denies it might be her trying to protect you incase you do get hurt about it and I understand you're worried about her getting hurt- but in the end, all you can do is warn her about what might happen. It's her life, her mistakes.

It is tought when you move far away from a best friend and people to tend to drift during it- but I'm sure if you put the effort in, you can maintain the friendship, even if it is to a lesser degree.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
toxictragedy__ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like I'm losing my best friend... - January 17th 2009, 03:59 PM

it seems everything is fine now. this girl i really dont like butted into my business and started telling my best friend that like she hurt someone close to her but she wouldnt tell her who it was [i think she was set on ruining our friendship which wont happen] so then my other two friends kinda filled my best friend in and we got everything cleared up.
:]
but thank you for replying.

Closed Thread