TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
InnerDarkness Offline
Local Attitude Problem
Average Joe

Name: Ethan

The last one has gone. - July 2nd 2009, 09:58 AM

I'm feeling kind of down at the moment because all my closest friends seem to be dissapearing.

There were always 7 of us (including me) who used to hang out together and we were all really close. This was always really great for all of us. Whenever one of us was down - all of us would rally together to help them feel better. They did the same for me. We used to be really social and go out all the time (for a drive, to the movies, each others houses).

But slowly over the last couple of years they have all dissapeared out of my life somewhat.

One of them left to pursue a job and we all lost contact with him.

Two of them moved up country (one has met a girl online and went to live with her and the second went with him just for the change of scenery.) I still keep in contact with those two, but only over the phone, I've visited them once and intend to again and it's great when I'm there (or sometimes they come down) but it's not the same. We can't go out like every weekend like before.

It turned out that one of them was bi and had a big crush on one of my other friends. After he told him, my friend said he was straight and they were just friends but he kind of stopped hangin' out with us and got a new group of friends.

About a month ago - one of my closest friends left with his girlfriend to go and live in America (I'm from the UK). He plans to keep in contact, but he won't for a while because he's getting things sorted. Even when he does get back into contact - it'll probably be only online and I won't see him that much.

Only a few weeks ago, the bi friend went to live up country following a job offer - he never really kept in contact with me that much and though I've talked to him a few times online, he's a quiet type and I doubt he'll be that bothered about keeping in contact.

So I feel kinda like I've been left behind (I'm not blaming them). I mean, I still have a lot of mates but they're not as close as the ones who have left. I would feel awkward about suddenly trying to reach that level of frienship with them, plus - I don't really see them often enough to pull that off.

I'm trying to make a lot of new friends at the moment, and it seems to be going well. I just know these things take time. A long time.

I'm suddenly just at home a lot of the time playing XBOX or going on the internet and I really miss going out with a group of people. I guess making new friends is the way to go but I'm still down in the meantime.

I dunno... maybe I'm just ranting. I guess I'll have to deal with feeling bummed out for a while.

We are taught never to shed tears, for to shed tears means that you have been defeated by emotion and that simple act of crying proves, without question, that negative emotions are nothing but a burden.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: The last one has gone. - July 2nd 2009, 11:24 AM

My group of friends and I have been going through this same situation. Most of the group isn't even in our state anymore and we're all going off in different directions.

The best thing you can do is keep in touch with them as best as possible, even if it's only every now and then. Even though it won't be the same as it was, it's still something to look forward to.

Also, making new friends doesn't mean you're replacing your old ones. It'll take time to meet new people but it can help cure your "at home" blues.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread