TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jadewilson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jade

Unhappy cant take anymore! - July 7th 2009, 11:14 PM

ok so i have mental health problems bpd and tic disorder which is reli bad i have severe mood swings which psychologist now thinking cud be bipolar my dad which i cant cope with has started threten things and today he tried to force me to take a tablet and i put a cushion to my mouth so he didnt do it which wud of been my halperadol whic ive not ever taken cos my anxiety i scared of side effcts and he threw dish water at me then mum and dad startinbg arguing they cant cope with me and they leaving mum went to council yesterday and everyhting is all my fault this family has fallen apart and we are all moving sepearte ways i have to go supported accomdation soon and my dad used to hit me before i was 14 but its got sorted by the social etc but now he gets angry and just dun that today i dont know wot to do i cant cope with my illnes never mind everyone having ago at me family friends help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: cant take anymore! - July 8th 2009, 04:25 PM

Hey there,

I know that everything is really tough right now, but do your best to stay strong and calm down. Your family may be having its ups and downs, but you all just need to talk through them and help each other out.

Try to understand that your dad wasn't trying to be mean by wanting you to take the tablet. If they have been prescribed for you to take them, then it's important that you do so. Your dad was probably just concerned that you weren't taking it, and although I don't agree with his methods of threatening, it sounds like he does care a lot about you. When doctors list side effects, often they are possibilities and do not happen to everyone. If you do have negative side effects after taking the tablet, then I suggest you talk to your doctor about it and see if you can get the medication changed.

What is happening with your family right now is not your fault. Other members of your family may be having trouble coping or are going through some stressful things of their own. You can't control how this is affecting them, so don't bring this down on yourself.

I think you should really talk to your family about what is going on and how you feel about them arguing. Try to help each other through this. Listen to what your parents have to say and have them listen to what you have to say. They probably don't know how tough this is for you to go through right now.

Supported accommodation will probably help you with your mental health problems, but also make sure you stay in touch with your family. Even though they are having a tough time right now, they do care about you. Having their support may help you get through this better.

Take care of yourself, and try to talk this through.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread