TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wordsmith88 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy False Accusations - July 13th 2009, 09:39 PM

Ok, well in the past me and my parents have run into a few issues regarding money that i took from them (nothing huge but enough for them to be upset about it). but heres the deal, me and my friends were going to rent a house for vacation, my step brother had collected money from everyone and now its missing, envelopes given to him by our friends were ripped in half and all the money is gone, and due to past experiences my parents are looking at me to blame for this! i had NOTHING to do with it!!! and i dont know how i can express that to them because the more i tell them and try to re assure them i had nothing to do with it the more i feel like they think im like trying to cover it up. idkkk what to do!

*edit*
My dad believes me that i had nothing to do with it, or so he says, but i still feel like he's trying to get me to confess to this, and my step-mom just got home and she hasn't said two words to me since, idk i just want them to believe me!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: False Accusations - July 14th 2009, 01:13 AM

tell them that you don't care what they think, but that you had nothing to do with it. tell them that at least you will know you have done nothing wrong, even if they don't. and prove to them that you are trustworthy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: False Accusations - July 14th 2009, 05:02 PM

all you can do is keep trying to talk to them. maybe tell them that it's not fair to take you're past out on you. is there anyway you can disprove that you did it. like maybe you we're there at the time so therefore you could say "well, how could i have if i was at such and such."

i'm sorry that must really suck though. but honestly don't let it bother you too much. if they don't want to believe you then whatever because all that should matter is you knowing the truth, so there would be no reason to feel guilty over it.

the truth always comes to light.
good luck.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: False Accusations - July 14th 2009, 07:36 PM

Hi there,

I think you've done the right thing by trying to tell your parents that you did not steal the money. You are being honest, and that is very important. Past mistakes aside, you are doing the right thing now and you do not deserve to have that theft be blamed on you.

Since you have talked to your parents already about this, I suggest you give them some time to settle down. If they bring it up again, continue to tell the truth that you did not take the money.

I think you should also talk to your step brother about the money and what may have happened to it. Ask if he had kept it in a place that wasn't safe or if there was someone else who had access to it that could have taken it.

In future, I suggest that you don't take any money from your parents. It isn't fair to them, and now it isn't fair to you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread