TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

needed to rant >=0 - July 16th 2009, 07:08 PM

seriously, i don't know how much longer i can handle them.
i'm soo annoyed once again my mom is pitching a fit and taking it all out on me when it's not all my fault but of course that's how she acts but she acts all happy and nice around everybody else.
when i try and talk to her she just get's mad and makes me feel like crap; it's not fair.
then people wonder why i don't want to tell them anything.

then my sister, she speands all the time in the bathroom, like seriously and she doesn't let anybody else in there. it's annoying because i need to get ready but can i; nope.

i'm sick of it; i love my family but i can't handle them.
they make me want to scream and run far away.
my dad ignores it and comes home from and sits in front of the TV til bedtime, my mom is bitchy thorughout the day but then when dad comes home she stops, my sister and brother0in-law have no sense of respoibility and yet claim i'm "lazy," plus he's always putting me down, I came home from church and he was all "you wore that to church, that's not churchy, who wears jeans to church" obv. i do, shut up.

i'm verbally put down everyday but i can't do anything about it.
if i stick up for myself i get yelled at.
if i want to be away from my neice im a "bad person"
if i want to leave, "okay but i dont..."
"you should stop going to church"
"you dummy"
and that's just a couple from this week alone.
yet they think there's nothing wrong.
"it's how we show love,"
"it's just how the family is,"

well im not like them.
im d i f f e r e n t
and i'm just sooooooo annoyed right now ]=

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: needed to rant >=0 - July 17th 2009, 02:00 AM

Hi Cassie,

I'm really glad you were able to get that out. There are so many times where I've felt exactly the same as you! Family can be frustrating, and it's not fair when they don't realize how much their words hurt.

I know you've said that you've talked to your mom about this already, but have you tried asking her what is wrong instead? It could be that she is really stressed out about something and this is the way she takes it out. Maybe if you tried talking to her about it before she gets stressed out at you she may be able to vent and let it out in a way that isn't so negative towards you.

It would also be a good idea to talk to your sister or set up a schedule for the bathroom. Let her know ahead of time when exactly you need to use it (like before you go out) and tell her that you would really appreciate it if she could do something else when you get ready. Having your parents implement it may be necessary, but try talking to her on your own first.

I know it's difficult, but the best thing to do would be to ignore the comments your family is making. If you feel you can't stand it any longer, then try talking to them. Try saying "I feel *this way* when you say *this*" and give them specific examples. As for what you wear to church- I didn't know faith was based on clothing! Let them know that you are allowed to wear whatever you want to church, and that where you go has a fairly open dress code.

You are different from your family, and I don't see that as a bad thing at all. If you want to chat or vent anytime, feel free to PM me

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread