TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

my mother - July 16th 2009, 07:14 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

long story short:my mother tried to kill herself for like i dont even know the 20th time(?),i gave up on keeping track,last friday.

she says it wasnt an attempt but i think it was,im sorry,but she drank 2 white russians knowing shes not supposed to drink because of her meds then tried to OD on clonopin and cut her wrist deep enough to need stiches and cut up her shoulder too(just because she could),sounds like an attempt to me,what about you guys?

my little sister found her(shes 13) and came and got me(im 15),we were the only ones home at the time. she told me my mother needed stiches and i was like wtf,so she told me to go look,so i was stupid and did,ever since i saw her wrist and all the blood pouring out of it....ive been having flashbacks...and i hate it.

my mother does this every few months,tries to kill herself. it turns everything and everyone in the family upside down. i end up having to take care of my little sister because my dad and my 18 year old sister are busy at work or with school or with both. i dont hang out with any of my friends anymore because i never know when shit like this is gonna happen so im always home or close by. i've lost being a kid because of my mother.

i think my dad should just put my mother in a hospital until she proves she wont try and kill herself every few months,its getting ridiclous,honestly. i mean shes fine for like 2/3 months then the next month she goes and tries to kill herself for no fucking reason,what the hell are we supposed to think(we meaning me and my sisters)????

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: my mother - July 16th 2009, 09:22 PM

it sounds more like a suicide attempt to me than anything else as well.
i think maybe you should sit down your family when your father and sister aren't busy and tell them that you really think that your mother needs help and should be hospitilized until she can figure out what's going on and stop what she is doing.
it's not fair to you to have to basically raise your family and not have a life of your own because of this, you deserve to be able to live without the fear of your mother going overboard one day.
i'm sorry you keep having flashbacks, that must have been horrible for you, is there anybody you could personally talk to about that..

is your mother in any kind of therapy? if not, she def. at the very minium needs to be in that. i think it's time you and your family sat down and discussed this though.

good luck.
pm me anytime

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: my mother - July 16th 2009, 11:45 PM

i definitly agree with Jesus Freak, you need to get your mother hospitalized until she stops trying to do this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my mother - July 17th 2009, 07:47 AM

Do you guys call the paramedics and/or take her to the hospital after each suicide attempt? It is the nurse's/doctor's duty to notice the slit wrists, at the VERY least, and run other tests from there. Surely she's been hospitalized at some point? If not, then the next time she does this, you need to take her to the emergency room right away (if your father doesn't come home immediately to drive you all there, then call for an ambulance). Tell the ER staff exactly what happened (how much alcohol, which drugs, where she cut herself, etc.). Tell them that she needs to be put on suicide watch, that this is the #th time she's attempted to kill herself, etc. Do NOT let the hospital staff tell you otherwise. Do NOT let your mother, your father, your sisters, or anyone else tell you otherwise.

A child should not have to be the parent for their parent. What have your father and older sister done in response to these attempts?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: my mother - July 18th 2009, 03:47 PM

shes in therapy

everytime shes tried to kill herself we take her to the hospital or call a ambulance to take her,they notice the slit wrists and the tranffer her to the mental ward part of the hospital so they can watch her 24/7

i have my own therapist who i told about the flashbacks,i also talked to my girlfriend about them,not alot though,i didnt want to make her worry. my therapist said if they continue then i really should consider telling my dad that i cant handle finding my mother like that again or seeing that again,otherwise...yeaaa....they wont be flashbacks anymore,she said that i should consider telling him that for my own safety,i should tell him it might be a good idea to hospitalize my mother....even tho he'll probably think i just want her out of the house and out of my life for a little while

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
Closed Thread